E500 estate on EBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Mercedes-benz e500 / one f/lady owner / main dealer s/history / e class w211
extremely rare car / very clean / new mot / hpi clear

(I've forgotten - if I ever knew - how to post links to eBay...)

That's going rather well, isn't it? Unless it's shill bidding, so much for the 'you'll never sell a big thirsty V8 at this time of year' school of thought. Mike in Wimbledon, are you watching?

Last edited:
is that the Red one? Tis very clean looks lovely.

Mercedes-benz e500 / one f/lady owner / main dealer s/history / e class w211
extremely rare car / very clean / new mot / hpi clear

(I've forgotten - if I ever knew - how to post links to eBay...)

That's going rather well, isn't it? Unless it's shill bidding, so much for the 'you'll never sell a big thirsty V8 at this time of year' school of thought. Mike in Wimbledon, are you watching?

Amazing isn't it what a well cared for Merc can reach, in the right colour combo.:thumb:

I like that. I imagine that is nice to drive - has Airmatic too.

If only I was 20 years older...

:D

That's lovely but, why no full electric heated seats on something like this ?

That's lovely but, why no full electric heated seats on something like this ?

120k too, and not a 7 seater, But does a vehicles spec matter when its that age over condition?

Not sure, Also alot of strange bidding going on too, but it still does look lovely.

Nice colour.
That seller frequently has one owner, mint-looking cars. I wonder if he gets the pick of a MB dealer's trade ins?

E.g: he recently sold a late model fully optioned S210 E320cdi 7 seater for.... £3.6K!
Wow...

You mapped that car of yours yet! lol :D

Pah what's the point.

I should just buy a CL63 instead.

Ever since I last modified a car back in the late 90s, I decided from that point on never to bother again and just buy a fast car.

The only exception being you buy that and still want more... :D

Cripes! Nice looking red E500 estate, in a bright red, magnolia interior kind of way. Nice, that interior will feel very light and airy, but it's not everyone's cup of Earl Grey. That dealer history is impressive.

I still gulp a bit at the idea of 120k miles.. £6,700 may just be a tenth of the price new, but it's still a lot of money.

I don't understand the E55 comparison. E55's are all about that engine and whiz whiz driving. E500's are practical S Class cars for people with families and furniture and bikes. People who want to drive back in comfort from Mont Ventoux (see photo) with the car loaded to the roof at a steady 70mph, officer, or to carry a couple of ridiculously expensive bikes in the back out of town for a run in the country.

As for that bidding - it certainly looks like shill bidding from a couple of tame counter parties.

Food for thought, I had a ride in a friend's immaculate blue / magnolia S500 at the weekend, and it did get me thinking I ought to hop to a low mileage S500 in the Spring, which is why I came on the board this evening.

Last edited:
Last edited:
There's a man who really understands shill bidding ! (i.e. It can be more than just the seller)

Who knows? But still think it's a difficult time of year to sell cars. A time for family and domestic nonsense - or to escape the whole lot overseas.

There's a man who really understands shill bidding ! (i.e. It can be more than just the seller)

Who knows? But still think it's a difficult time of year to sell cars. A time for family and domestic nonsense - or to escape the whole lot overseas.

Agreed, But I've just bought a car anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom