E500 Estate

Discussion in 'Spotted on eBay!' started by DITTRICH, Oct 25, 2019.

1. SW18

SW18 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S212 E500 Sport
    Hadn’t spotted that! Perhaps the sale is not quite as “reluctant” as the ad claims :) - maybe more of an “omigodhavetogetridofit” sale

MercedesDriver likes this.
  2. SW18

Car:
    S212 E500 Sport
    The MOT history is a bit chequered as well, it has failed on a ball joint issue about 4 times over 12 years!

3. E55BOF

E55BOF MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLK55, ML420 CDI, FJR1300, Caponord
    They're heavy cars, and they're known to knock out front suspension ball joints. There's nothing in the MoT history that sounds particularly worrying, and it's obviously had some preventive maintenance, or there'd be mention of rear brake pipes at some point.

The W211 estate really does look sleek and classy in silver, doesn't it? It's pretty realistically priced, too, and provided it starts and drives OK, I doubt it will take long to sell. If it was in Tanzanite, I'd be calling the owner for a chat...

SW18 likes this.
  4. SW18

Car:
    S212 E500 Sport
    Ok, maybe it’s not as bad as I thought! Indeed the price is very keen, can’t go too far wrong.

5. E55BOF

E55BOF MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLK55, ML420 CDI, FJR1300, Caponord
    The spec might not be too basic, either; that looks like blue-tinted glass, and if so it should be an Avantgarde trim model.

AND... Wait for it... it still has the storage box in the load area. I'm not sure why, but I find that curiously reassuring. I've only ever had one (out of six) 211 estates with that, but mine all came out of the factory with it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    SW18 and merc85 like this.
  6. ivan1983

ivan1983 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R129 500SL, W140 S500L, R170 230K, 530i Touring, ZZR 600 W126 380SEL now gone :-(
  7. Londonscottish

Londonscottish Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S212 E500
    Went to the local car lot to look at Fiat 500's the other day and spotted a cheap VW Up!

Wandered over to have a closer look and an old fella appeared from out of his portacabin. Without any prompting he told me proudly that he'd had a new wing fitted. "Oh" I said. Then he said "And a new headlight". "Err...great" I said. He then went to the boot, opened the hatch and then lifted the boor floor to show me the storage compartment. Unfortunately my eye was immediately drawn to the empty spare wheel well with the towing eye sitting forlornly in the middle.

Made my excuses and ran before he'd had a chance to explain how he'd had the floorpan straightened on a jig....

MercedesDriver and SW18 like this.