E500 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll never get the people taking a photo of a car for an ad with tow eye fitted.
Hadn’t spotted that! Perhaps the sale is not quite as “reluctant” as the ad claims :) - maybe more of an “omigodhavetogetridofit” sale

The MOT history is a bit chequered as well, it has failed on a ball joint issue about 4 times over 12 years!

They're heavy cars, and they're known to knock out front suspension ball joints. There's nothing in the MoT history that sounds particularly worrying, and it's obviously had some preventive maintenance, or there'd be mention of rear brake pipes at some point.

The W211 estate really does look sleek and classy in silver, doesn't it? It's pretty realistically priced, too, and provided it starts and drives OK, I doubt it will take long to sell. If it was in Tanzanite, I'd be calling the owner for a chat...

Ok, maybe it’s not as bad as I thought! Indeed the price is very keen, can’t go too far wrong.

The spec might not be too basic, either; that looks like blue-tinted glass, and if so it should be an Avantgarde trim model.

AND... Wait for it... it still has the storage box in the load area. I'm not sure why, but I find that curiously reassuring. I've only ever had one (out of six) 211 estates with that, but mine all came out of the factory with it.

Last edited:
I'll never get the people taking a photo of a car for an ad with tow eye fitted.
Went to the local car lot to look at Fiat 500's the other day and spotted a cheap VW Up!

Wandered over to have a closer look and an old fella appeared from out of his portacabin. Without any prompting he told me proudly that he'd had a new wing fitted. "Oh" I said. Then he said "And a new headlight". "Err...great" I said. He then went to the boot, opened the hatch and then lifted the boor floor to show me the storage compartment. Unfortunately my eye was immediately drawn to the empty spare wheel well with the towing eye sitting forlornly in the middle.

Made my excuses and ran before he'd had a chance to explain how he'd had the floorpan straightened on a jig....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom