E500 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I like this:

2004 MERCEDES BENZ E500 ELEGANCE ESTATE, STUNNING FLAGSHIP ESTATE, 7 SEATER. | eBay

I'm not keen on the wheels, but the rest looks good. It would be a nice cheap runaround (if the Airmatic behaves itself...), and there's lots of life left in it at that mileage. If it was Tanzanite, I'd definitely have it...

Last edited:
That’s so much car for so little money! I actually quite like those wheels. Engine bay is crying out for a spruce up. I’d be tempted but I just don’t know when I’d use it!

Cat N if that really matters but a whole lot of family transport for the money.

Lovely car, shame the numpty claimed on the insurance for that little bump :(

Still, it's made for a petty cash bargain for the next owner.

And most owners of a £3k S211 wouldn't even notice that that bonnet gap.

Hope it doesn't end up as a Builder & Decorator's "van,"

Lovely car, shame the numpty claimed on the insurance for that little bump :(

Apparently he was insisting on a new wing and bumper, so the insurers just wrote it off. You can just make out, through the slight colour mismatch, the little bit of spray repair to the wing in one of the pictures.

Still, it's made for a petty cash bargain for the next owner. And most owners of a £3k S211 wouldn't even notice that that bonnet gap. Hope it doesn't end up as a Builder & Decorator's "van,".

Bonnet gaps do vary on the 211s; I've owned worse. It might adjust to close up a little, but if not, it's no big deal.

I'm not a builder or decorator...;)

Peanuts for what it is, and should have a lot of life left in it. It'll do me fine until the right W164 ML500 comes up for sale...

That'll fettle up a treat.

Alabama SUV ? Pah - leave 'em to the Yankee Soccer Mums.

Early-M-Class.jpg

Delivered this morning. As the vendor described it: "an honest car". It's not perfect, but it's pretty presentable, I like the interior a lot, and I've long thought both that the S211 is one of the sleekest-looking estates MB have ever made, and that the seven-speed M113 E500 is the best-balanced of all the V8 W211s.

It looks good - very 'Mercedes' - in silver, too, though not as good as it would in Tanzanite blue, but one can rarely have everything. The W/S211 is a nice place to be, and I'm happy with it.

I still don't like the wheels much, though...

Went into Terry Gates this morning for a check-over, and LOTS needs doing :(. EXPENSIVE lots! Nothing I didn't anticipate might on an E-class with that sort of mileage - engine mountings, rear brake pipes, subframe bushes, couple of front suspension balljoints, cambox breathers, front anti-roll bar bushes - and plenty of other minor things, but ALL of it?

I'll see what the dealer wants to do; if he'll do nothing, I'll get it fixed and take him to court for the cost. I paid more than the car's book value mainly because of the interior; it's only the second one I've seen with that particular interior that I like enough to buy, and I've been looking, on and off, for over five years, so I want to keep it. If he says: "No, bring it back for a full refund" I'll be stuck, but he's a dealer; he won't...

I like the wheels a lot and they have a great name too - Yilduz!

https://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/m...tate_s211_alloys/17_mercedes_yilduz_wheel_268

I have one and have posted a reply to your query about swapping the broken third row seat handles. Check that the seat belt retaining clips in the boots aren't broken too and also the seat belt clips for the rear seatbelts.

I don't like the wheels much, but they may yet grow on me. I'd seen your thread on the seat handles, but as the car will almost certainly never be needed as a seven-seater, and will be my dog van 99% of the time, with a tray and rug covering up the boot floor, I think I'll leave them; they'll add nothing to the value of the car, I have no use for them, and I'm not even slightly an OCD type about minor trim details like that, so why bother? The various seat belt clips are fine.

sorry to read it is a bit of a lemon..

perhaps you can polish a turd after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom