E500 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think what this shows is that buying a highly-polished shed from a professional liar who flatly refuses to do anything about it may end in tears for the seller, not the buyer. ;)
I would agree with that statement as well. It doesn't usually end that way for the seller because most buyers don't have the time/tenacity/intelligence/ability to articulate to achieve the result that you have.
I remain surprised that you managed to get an award of more than the price of the car for what most people would see as an "old banger".
It will be interesting to see what happens next - does the seller have a right of appeal or is it final?

On here? I'd bet he's not.

Yes, he has a right of appeal to a higher court, which will introduce some delay, but will otherwise achieve nothing. The case is pretty much cast iron; I think it would meet the criminal standard of proof, let alone the civil.

I have no doubt he'll appeal; his best hope is that I lose interest, or emigrate to Australia, or die, or have a stroke and forget all about it, and any (or all...) of those might happen if he can delay it long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom