E500 on Ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm am Soooooooo tempted !

However my wife has just discussed it with me - I had about 6 words - she had about 60,000 - in fact shes still talking !!!

Pleeeeeeeease somebody buy my 2 Rex's - then she wont moan about the bloody parking and I can have V8 power !

At about 168k miles its going to need a few quid spending on it though!

Mark

Don't think you will need the "Snow Tyres" though.

Add another £400 for new tyres.:crazy:

wont need new tyres..... "Chrome Wheels with New Tires; Original Wheels with New Snow Tires"

"need a few quid spending on it" Perhaps not - it sounds like the current owner is a bit of an enthusiast if he's shoving expensive oil in it like that every 5000 miles.

Bit strange that the car got a number plate for the year it was imported rather than the year of manufacture tho dontcha think?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sp!ke
wont need new tyres..... "Chrome Wheels with New Tires; Original Wheels with New Snow Tires"

"need a few quid spending on it" Perhaps not - it sounds like the current owner is a bit of an enthusiast if he's shoving expensive oil in it like that every 5000 miles.

Bit strange that the car got a number plate for the year it was imported rather than the year of manufacture tho dontcha think?

Not really as it would have been registered for uk use in the year that it got imported.

But all the imports that I have ever had have been given an age related plate rather than that of the year of import.

In the past, if you couldnt 'prove' year of manufacture, you got a 'Q' plate.

Last edited:
Our first Merc was a 1972 200D - which we bought in Germany in 1977 and imported into this country in 1981 - This car received an "X" plate as did the the Mitsubishi that we imported at the same time.

At some time after that the rules were changed - but I havn't had to import one since - so I dont know when exactly!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom