E500 S212 in Silver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mike,

If you’re planning on doing something with the wood, just find some spare pieces from a breakers etc or on eBay. It would be a lot easier getting those refurbished or you may get lucky with some that aren’t faded as badly as yours.

As said, the rears don’t tend to fade as you have tinted glass in the back? :)

You can guarantee that they will cost a small fortune new, and it would be nice to have spares in case anything gets damaged during removal/refurbishment or refitting!

Well, the Brake Assist seems to work....

Took the bikes down to East Preston for a "Five Go Mad in Sussex" ride through the Rookery Nooks of East Preston and a strategic doughnut in Littlehampton.

Coming back up the A24, "I was proceeding in a Northerly direction at slightly below the legal limit" when a young three foot red deer decided to bound across the road.

Brakes applied and a firm thump was heard on the front of the car.

Fortunately the thing seems to have bounced off. No damage to the front end at all. Can't report on the condition of the deer, as I couldn't finally stop for another 100 yards.

Was it the "Brake Assist" or the reactions of the Driver and Bambi ? Who knows?

Hopefully somewhere in the forest, there's a young deer with a headache this evening.

tenor.gif

Well, the Brake Assist seems to work....

Took the bikes down to East Preston for a "Five Go Mad in Sussex" ride through the Rookery Nooks of East Preston and a strategic doughnut in Littlehampton.

Coming back up the A24, "I was proceeding in a Northerly direction at slightly below the legal limit" when a young three foot red deer decided to bound across the road.

Brakes applied and a firm thump was heard on the front of the car.

Fortunately the thing seems to have bounced off. No damage to the front end at all. Can't report on the condition of the deer, as I couldn't finally stop for another 100 yards.

Was it the "Brake Assist" or the reactions of the Driver and Bambi ? Who knows?

Hopefully somewhere in the forest, there's a young deer with a headache this evening.

tenor.gif
On your first proper outing too! Lucky it wasn’t at closer range when it ran into the road or that flawless front-end might have been bent! Reminds me of the neighbour who swerved to avoid a sheep on a moorland road somewhere, only to hit a cow he hadn’t seen on the other side of the road :eek:

So, anyway, just to complete the saga, here she is, cleaned up.

Once again the spec is

2010 E500 S212 in Iridium silver, 24k miles
Comand
Comfort Luxury Package
DAB
Designo Burr Walnut Wood trim
Full glass roof with sunroof
Garage door opener
HK logic 7 Surround sound
Memory package
Night View Assist Plus
Rear Entertainment System
Rear Side Airbags
Reverse Camera
Roof Liner Alcantara grey
TV Tuner
Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Wood/Leather steering wheel
Privacy Glass
Shallow boot
18" AMG wheels

Six services.

The only issue to be addressed is fading burr walnut in the front of the car which was a 2010/11 manufacturing problem with lacquer which didn't give UVA protection. The perfectionist in me says "fix it," but I actually like the more muted look.

And to sell my W211 E500, so that I can buy the 2007 SL500 that I've been talking about buying for the last year.
E500 2007 5.5 litre 385bhp 42,000 and pure main dealer history (12 services) | Mercedes Cars for Sale

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1066.jpegIMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d like those light grey colour seats and door cards in mine (or sand colour) instead of blac to go with my periclase green exterior. I’m working towards getting it cleaned ready for some shots....

For comparison, here is the black-on-black-on-black version, snapped whilst it’s (briefly) reasonably clean!
D34A0008-2E82-4FE7-AF5F-777434A26AD2.jpeg46104824-6628-4ECB-A9C0-3FE272D00425.jpeg81030789-B461-4C2B-9918-3B62429B441E.jpeg

God, just found the great thread on running an E500 as a daily. If only I'd know about it! Great reading your stories and hearing about Tom's trips in my old 211.
Which thread is that?
Reviving an old(ish) thread here, but I thoroughly enjoyed the linked PistonHeads owning an E500 thread this morning.

I notice that on page 2 there’s an old photo of a silver S211 E500, possibly MikeinWimbledon’s former steed??
2B664570-49DA-4146-9E8D-53C99188FDF8.jpeg

Reviving an old(ish) thread here, but I thoroughly enjoyed the linked PistonHeads owning an E500 thread this morning.

I notice that on page 2 there’s an old photo of a silver S211 E500, possibly MikeinWimbledon’s former steed??
View attachment 99313

This is owned by a chap up the road from me. He has had it for years and really likes it. I know, as when I had first purchased mine, I knocked on his door and chatted to him about the car and which garage he uses.

So, anyway, just to complete the saga, here she is, cleaned up.

Once again the spec is

2010 E500 S212 in Iridium silver, 24k miles
Comand
Comfort Luxury Package
DAB
Designo Burr Walnut Wood trim
Full glass roof with sunroof
Garage door opener
HK logic 7 Surround sound
Memory package
Night View Assist Plus
Rear Entertainment System
Rear Side Airbags
Reverse Camera
Roof Liner Alcantara grey
TV Tuner
Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Wood/Leather steering wheel
Privacy Glass
Shallow boot
18" AMG wheels

That's one of those spec sheets that's so long its easier to list what it doesn't have rather than what it has.

Over mine it's got the pano, the TV, rear ents, DAB & HK.

Mine has the cooled seats, rear blinds & easy pack boot stuff.

Have you also got Driver Assyst? (Lane departure & blind spot?)

And Distronic?

Thanks for the highlight. That one's not mine. Mine was Elegance spec with Elegance wheels.

That's one of those spec sheets that's so long its easier to list what it doesn't have rather than what it has.
Over mine it's got the pano, the TV, rear ents, DAB & HK. Mine has the cooled seats, rear blinds & easy pack boot stuff.
Have you also got Driver Assyst? (Lane departure & blind spot?) And Distronic?

Yep, well spotted. Yes Driver Assist and Distronic are both included on mine.

Have to say, echoing Harry's comment about his Press car Ferrari, most of these extras aren't useful. Pano, comfort seats, rear camera, lane Assyst, wood trim: Yep, I'd have those. Distronic, rear entertainment, Night View: not so much.

I’d like those light grey colour seats and door cards in mine (or sand colour) instead of blac to go with my periclase green exterior. I’m working towards getting it cleaned ready for some shots....

The grey seats on mine looked fine on collection. Until they were cleaned. See the 50/50 on the driver's seat.

Seat clean.jpg

The grey seats on mine looked fine on collection. Until they were cleaned. See the 50/50 on the driver's seat.

View attachment 99317
Wow, what a difference! What do you use? I’ve never ever cleaned mine, other than hoovering them, god knows what’s accumulated on them :oops:

Have to say, echoing Harry's comment about his Press car Ferrari, most of these extras aren't useful. Pano, comfort seats, rear camera, lane Assyst, wood trim: Yep, I'd have those. Distronic, rear entertainment, Night View: not so much.
I’ve always thought I’d like distronic for those busy motorway drives when the speed of traffic ebbs and flows a bit. I put the cruise on and entertain myself easing it up and down on the stalk, but sometimes would prefer the car to do it for me...

These days my kids just wedge their phones between the seat back and head restraints for video but back in the day it rear entertainment would have been really useful for kids on long drives.

Night view is fun for me but no more than that.

Distronic, though is great.

Love the rear camera and use it every day.

I'm a massive fan of sunrooves.

Swings an roundabouts.

These days my kids just wedge their phones between the seat back and head restraints for video but back in the day it rear entertainment would have been really useful for kids on long drives.

I wedge the Msoft Surface in between the two front seats and the children are very happy. I find that modern technology leads to suprisingly workable solutions - such as the iphone plugged into COMAND via the six cd changer cable and then controlled with my apple watch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom