E53 Cab Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philh80

Car
E53 Cabrio
Hi,

I’m after some new tyres for my E53 Cab with the 20” (night pack) wheels.

Any suggestions?

Came with Yokohama Advan Sport from Factory.

I read a lot about the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, but are these an all year tyre?

Ta
P

What do you want from your tyres?
- wet grip
- dry grip
- good mpg
- low noise
- long life

Etc etc

I’m after a decent all rounder on a more sporty set.

I do throw the car around a bit in both wet and dry.

Road noise and mpg I’m not really bothered about as long as it doesn’t sound like Fred flintstones wheels!!

Goodyear F1 assymetric 5 ....quiet, comfortable and excellent grip.

Definitely not Pirelli P Zero.
I've decided in the last couple of days that they're easily the worst tyre I've experienced when the roads are damp/greasy and cold.
I came off a motorway last night into a roundabout, not going particular quick either I might add, and I had zero grip.
4 wheel drift, ok, I did't shift a huge amount, but in general terms you can feel the car losing grip in a number of circumstances, and you can hear individual tyres struggling with traction coming out of junctions etc.

Last edited:
The good years are great so I have heard as are the MP4S. Even when the MP4S slip, they gain traction again very quickly.

Definitely not Pirelli P Zero.
I've decided in the last couple of days that they're easily the worst tyre I've experienced when the roads are damp/greasy and cold.
I came off a motorway last night into a roundabout, not going particular quick either I might add, and I had zero grip.
4 wheel drift, ok, I did't shift a huge amount, but in general terms you can feel the car losing grip in a number of circumstances, and you can hear individual tyres struggling with traction coming out of junctions etc.

With the TC light flashing like a demented set of fairy lights...

The good years are great so I have heard as are the MP4S. Even when the MP4S slip, they gain traction again very quickly.
Unfortunately my car was supplied with Pirelli's, when it comes time to change I'll look at Goodyear/Michelin & Continental

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom