E53 Estate (2019) - underfloor (Load Compartment) Stowage contents?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

randywatson

Car
E53 Estate
Hoping somewhere can assist with identifying what should/could be stored in the unusual space under the floor of the boot on my recently acquired 2019 W213 E53.
There's all sorts of moulded sections that must have been designed for something.
Underneath the fixed shelf in front (pic2) there's a foam tray presumably for the collapsible Merc crate? There's anthoer larger space to the left. No idea what could be hidden in there.
I'm just realising there does not appear to be any jack or tyre iron kit. I shall read up but I suspect that's omitted purposefully.
Any other insight welcomed.
Thanks

Attachments

• Boot1.jpg
    Boot1.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Boot2.jpg
    Boot2.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 25
I'm just realising there does not appear to be any jack or tyre iron kit. I shall read up but I suspect that's omitted purposefully.
In it’s place there is an air compressor and canister of repair “gunk” to left of your photo.

There can sometimes be a plastic crate to hold shopping that usually lies flat in that area

In it’s place there is an air compressor and canister of repair “gunk” to left of your photo.
Thanks Bobby.
Once got a puncture in the wifes old SLK rolling into the mother-in-laws drive. We had access to 6 different cars, not one with a Jack. Borrowed one from a neighbour in the end, rolled the wheel 100m down the road to kwikfit and spent £15 on getting it repaired. Saved me the price of a replacement bottle of gunk and (i think) the need to replace the tyre once you've used the gunk and got home?

Gets you out of trouble with a roadside flat tyre of course.

time to invest in a trolley jack

There can sometimes be a plastic crate to hold shopping that usually lies flat in that area
Yeah, I'm sure mine should have had one. There's clearly a moulded foam add-in on the right of Boot2.jpg. Guessing it slides in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom