E55 accident..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Just cannot believe my bad luck. After 4 days of ownership, driving home this evening a Ford Transit van reversed , at speed out of a side road and hit me on the nsf. The damage is extensive and I think a new door, new rear panel, new alloy, possible sill damage may cover it.

The only good thing is the other driver admitted responsibility and rang his insurer on the spot to report the accident and his fault.

My worst nightmare scenario then came as I rang the insurance company. They couldn't have been better. Fortunately, One Call are only brokers and I'm with Commercial Legal who say as a non fault accident it should be dealt with within 24/48hrs and a courtesy car delivered as well.
I need to find out where the car is being repaired as I believe I still have a final say on where it goes despite the insurance company saying otherwise.

What a bl00dy mess and none of it my fault!

Attachments

• SNV30476.jpg
    SNV30476.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 146
  • SNV30475.jpg
    SNV30475.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 126
  • SNV30473.jpg
    SNV30473.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 130
That's bad luck.

You will be able to specify where the repair is done.

Blooming heck man. Pita.

Ah man, sorry to hear this. What a stinker. Least if its going in for a repaint, you can get other bits maybe done at the same time. Plus a new wheel and tyre might be a positive.

Try and look on the bright side.

My first accident in 40yrs and it had to be in this car. Only doing 20-25mph as well. If I'd been speeding he'd have missed me!

Oooooh man :eek::doh:

Really sorry to hear this, bud. :(

I winced, looking at your pics :crazy:

Hope you get it sorted ok.

And yes, you do have a say as to where it gets repaired.

Cheers all. The car is in the drive and I'm going to have a cold beer.
Glad to hear I have a say on where it's repaired.

Does anyone think there may be a long wait for parts?

Does anyone think there may be a long wait for parts?

Wouldn't have thought so.

I reckon the time-consuming bit will be the bodyshop -them fitting you in and getting the work done. :doh:

Its only tin and rubber, it can be repaired. The main thing is you were not injured. I know its a bummer, but glad you you are OK and the other driver is an honest chap.

No, it's a W211 E class.

Cheers D I thought as much but with the newer W212 around I wondered on supply of an older model.

Wouldn't have thought so.

I reckon the time-consuming bit will be the bodyshop -them fitting you in and getting the work done. :doh:

I'll take a leaf out of your book and be on their case 24/7 lol.

What bugs me as well is the fact I'm on holiday for another 2 weeks and I'm without my car!!

Cheers D I thought as much but with the newer W212 around I wondered on supply of an older model.

I'll take a leaf out of your book and be on their case 24/7 lol.

What bugs me as well is the fact I'm on holiday for another 2 weeks and I'm without my car!!

That really is a bummer, perhaps the hire car may surprise you, I hope so.

That really is a bummer, perhaps the hire car may surprise you, I hope so.

I think the hire car will surprise me too, but not in a good way.
I asked if they had an E63 as a 55 is a bit old now. The reply wasn't encouraging.

In theory, you get a like-for-like replacement car, so don't be too surprised if you see a W212 E63 Bi-Turbo rolling off the back of a transporter in front of your house very soon...

So annoying, I feel for you. Make sure it goes to a good body shop and does justice to the car.
Kamal

I couldn't believe it when I saw the title of the post.

That is unbelievable bad luck!

Shame the damage wasn't on the side where the front door and rear door don't seem to match in certain lights at certain angles!

Hope you get it sorted soon fella!

I couldn't believe it when I saw the title of the post.

That is unbelievable bad luck!

Shame the damage wasn't on the side where the front door and rear door don't seem to match in certain lights at certain angles!

Hope you get it sorted soon fella!

I have looked from so many angles and yep, in a certain light there appears to be a different shade on the two doors. Cannot see any repair work at all so I hope the new repair is as good.

The HPI report didn't show any major accident damage reported previously.

In theory, you get a like-for-like replacement car, so don't be too surprised if you see a W212 E63 Bi-Turbo rolling off the back of a transporter in front of your house very soon...
just my input but yes you may be surprised , I had an old t reg c class and it was written off and the insurance company said that because its classed as a prestige car a Mercedes I am entitled 2 a new merc hire car or equivalent , I ended up with a brand new audi a 4 with 700 miles on the clock to keep until they have payed the settlement and even then I could keep it until I found a replacement car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom