E55 AMG 1000bhp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ftb

Car
2010 C220CDI Estate, 2005 CLS55AMG Coupe
Been chatting to a mate who mentioned that his relative is selling a Merc E. He didn't know the details but said the car had over 1000bhp. O-Kay. As you would, I asked to pass my details to the owner and forgot all about it. 1000bhp taxi? Pah!

Yesterday got a call from the owner's son who confirmed it was a E55 AMG. The lad didn't know what year the car was and dad is too unwell to answer any questions but he promised to find out. Said the car had been modified and made 1000bhp. They are selling out the estate and the car is available for sale too, just not advertised publicly. He's open to offers so I thought I'd better do my homework.

I've been around long enough to not believe everything you hear but just out of curiousity, is this car known to anyone on here? What level of modifications is required to get one of those to produce 1k bhp? W210 or W211? I have no clue.

Been chatting to a mate who mentioned that his relative is selling a Merc E. He didn't know the details but said the car had over 1000bhp. O-Kay. As you would, I asked to pass my details to the owner and forgot all about it. 1000bhp taxi? Pah!

Yesterday got a call from the owner's son who confirmed it was a E55 AMG. The lad didn't know what year the car was and dad is too unwell to answer any questions but he promised to find out. Said the car had been modified and made 1000bhp. They are selling out the estate and the car is available for sale too, just not advertised publicly. He's open to offers so I thought I'd better do my homework.

I've been around long enough to not believe everything you hear but just out of curiousity, is this car known to anyone on here? What level of modifications is required to get one of those to produce 1k bhp? W210 or W211? I have no clue.

Never heard of such car ,but keep us posted as this sounds like a exciting one! :thumb:

I think that a pinch of salt may be required here or, more than likely, your friend has misheard/misinterpreted the figures given.

To get any engine to more than double it's output would require an awful amount of work and, at least to my mind, would be nigh on impossible on the M133K engine, as good as it is.

None of the recognised tuners in the US have ever got these figures, the transmission couldn't handle it, doubt the rear end would either and if one were to exist then I'm pretty sure that people would have heard about it as it would be an awesome car.

Sorry to be a misery and bringer of doom and gloom though, if it does exist, I'd be happy to buy it. :)

Dave. (with an 860bhp taxi) ;)

I will wait for the family to get back to me. In the meantime if anyone recognises the car from the very limited description I've put up, please get in touch. The said estate is in Lincs.

Whatever happened to Paul's (savman) E55? Might that be it?

As Dave says, it would need a serious amount of money to get to a 1000bhp as the whole drive train would need a lot of work to get it to be able to handle that level of power

If it was 1000 BHP then I suspect the son would have known something about it even if he didn't know the details, and just said "he spent £xxk on the bloody thing" but regardless it could still be something special. Keep us posted.

When I worked at Mercedes I went on a course as this engine was being developed, there was a rumour that they tested the capacity of the engine to 1000hp.

Not acids old estate? Not 1000hp but was around 700 I think.

Unfortunately I share the pessimism guys. Still hope to be surprised...

They are selling out the estate and the car is available for sale too.

Estate as in the car is an estate or they're selling the estate as in landed gentry?

Isn't 700 the limit on these? Id imagine the lad doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ya never know though....................

I think of ChrisA's CLS55 here...

His was running at what 710/720BHP?

I seem to remember that needing a lot doing to it to reach that and I don't know what he spent but I imagine it is well into 5 figures...

Until I see a dyno with 850HP on it for that car, it didn't happen. :D

I fancy this lads story belongs in the fiction section although I'd love to be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Acid returned the silver estate to standard before it was sold.

I thought it was running early 700s although I think he cranked it up to destruction more than once.

Not sure it ever got to 1000 though?

I will wait for the family to get back to me. In the meantime if anyone recognises the car from the very limited description I've put up, please get in touch. The said estate is in Lincs.

Well I'm in Lincs and if said car needs test driving for a potential buyer I don't mind offering my services....:D

I would think if a tuner managed those number's someone on here would be aware of it as it would not be a thing the said tuner would hide! Possibly NM and not BHP?

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom