E55 AMG 1000bhp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I suspect he's got his figures wrong, or an over estimated non dyno'd estimate. I've looked on the US mb forum, not heard anything like 1000bhp mentioned, & they are far from shy regarding pushing the mods. Think Chris has Dyno'd his Cls55 with Nos at 800+. Maybe Turbos with all the strenghening might be the outside bet.

Went to see it this morning... Absolutely standard looking W210 E55 with '1000' instead of AMG on the boot lid. Possibly the quickest car viewing I've had in my life. Engine bay was covered in so many cobwebs and nests, you could actually smell the bacteria. The lads mother was there and visibly upset with something. I didn't bother taking pics or asking questions,,,

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if it was a E55 or E430 with 55 badges. :doh: Should have taken down the reg...

Haha classic. :doh: Were the "1000" in those cheap looking bulging letters that are at the tills in Halfords? xD

Ahhh... not a big surprise really.

So it's just a record of how many lines were on the last failed MOT. :D

Part of you wants to believe it, you know that feeling... :eek:

I think my parade has been ****** on too many times over the years to believe now...

Given the thermal efficiency of a petrol engine (25 to 30%) you are looking at an awful lot of heat to be dissipated when producing and using that amount of power. About 50% of that heat escapes through the exhaust so it would need one hell of a radiator to liberate the rest of that!

I dont see any reason why the m113k engine wouldnt make 1000 hp given enough money.
Check out boba motoring on youtube 2.0 vw making over 1200 hp

FWIW Sauber ran the older M119 V8 at 730 bhp with enough reliability to win Le Mans a couple of times :)

I'm pretty sure Acid returned the silver estate to standard before it was sold.

I thought it was running early 700s although I think he cranked it up to destruction more than once.

Not sure it ever got to 1000 though?

This one (interesting output at 36 seconds!):

[YOUTUBE]EdmqVQQ7J0c[/YOUTUBE]

How do you destroy an engine more than once? :cool:

Oh yeah, that's true, you didn't say that - it could've been the gearbox that went bang in that clip...

Actually it was the car I was referring to as a whole, and if you have an inexhaustible supply of replacement parts for engines like Acid does, you have no worries.

:thumb:

Are you all sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.

Once upon a time, there was an estate car.

It was silver in colour and MSLP got their hands on it.

It went like **** off a shovel!

The end!

:D

I'm listening, Jeb. Sounds like a monster! Is the car still around? Think I need a E55 in my life after hearing your story!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom