E55 AMG brakes on a Supra !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul mac

hi guys
wonder if anyone can help me, i have fitted a full set of 2003 > E55 (or SL, CLS etc) AMG to my Toyota Supra (sorry:crazy: ) but the amount of pedal effort needed for big stops is beyond my puny legs and i am not getting the best from this setup, does anyone know what the piston diameter from the master cylinder is, i know this isn't a mercedes issue but i have an A class for the wife if that helps lol, any help would be greatfully recieved

Attachments

• car 131.jpg
    car 131.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 247
Ditto your going to need to up the capacity of the system to get them usable.

May i ask why you are doing this? Don't get me wrong i appreciate a good mod but is this not a bit OTT for a Supra

May i ask why you are doing this? Don't get me wrong i appreciate a good mod but is this not a bit OTT for a Supra

Do we know how many ponies are tucked away under the bonnet? ;)

I know they can pack a punch but still i think something meant to slow a tank is a little over the top for this car, i would have thought about getting some slightly smaller and cheaper.

And just what is "up the capacity"? surface area of the master cylinder , increasing the ration of the pedal length to fulcrum, adjusting the brake bias front to back? It's not a tractor, it's a high performance car.

We don't know the weight of the vehicle, coefficient of friction , master cylinder piston area, servo details , caliper details front and back, we know nothing.

What would the insurance company have to say????

hi guys
wonder if anyone can help me, i have fitted a full set of 2003 > E55 (or SL, CLS etc) AMG to my Toyota Supra (sorry:crazy: ) but the amount of pedal effort needed for big stops is beyond my puny legs and i am not getting the best from this setup, does anyone know what the piston diameter from the master cylinder is, i know this isn't a mercedes issue but i have an A class for the wife if that helps lol, any help would be greatfully recieved
I am sorry, but I am at a loss at to your absolute stupidity, you didn't even make calcs as to piston and master cylinder surface areas , do you know a thing about hydraulics (don't answer)? so, what has happened to the front to back bias now? Oh , you don't know do you?

Oh right , merc have an army of designers and you can just swap safety critical bit over with a Black and Decker power drill? Wake up Malcolm.

You wake up and accept what I said, he has the calipers, if he has the master cylinder as well, that is the whole system, no more no less, there is no law against increasing the brake efficiency on a car, people have been doing it for years.

If you know how do a search, the world is full of upgrade kits.

I am sorry, but I am at a loss at to your absolute stupidity, you didn't even make calcs as to piston and master cylinder surface areas , do you know a thing about hydraulics (don't answer)? so, what has happened to the front to back bias now? Oh , you don't know do you?

The correct bias would be there with the correct master cylinder, and I think that you will find that 99% are 28% rear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom