E55 AMG ex F1 pace car. Would you buy it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any proof that it was ever anything to do with F1? The pace cars normally have mechanical differences, which are not mentioned here. I would suspect it's an ordinary E55 ... in fact it's described as "totally original".

If it only needs £300 spent on the bodywork then you think he'd have done it.

The lack of pictures might suggest that he's hiding something.

I don't think he's saying that the car on sale is an ex formula 1 pace car. I suspect he means that the E55 was used as a pace car

ebay said:
I am the third owner after i bought it from my friend who had it for ten years, and he bought from his friend when it was six months old

So, if it was the F1 pace car in 1999/2000, his friend would have owned it at that time, so is a load of rubbish.
Also, all pace cars are actually 'loaned' to the F1 and the DTM by MB themselves.

I stand to be corrected but I do not believe it was even the official pace car?

Was the CLK 55 AMG used for 1997-1999 and the CL 55 for the year 2000

These things were hand made for the specific role and I doubt they wereever sold to the public and I would also guess they would be LHD???

Just found this

2000CL55-F1.jpg

That was the year 2000

Yup I think it's just typical eBay advert BS.

Note that he said "safety car" in the advert, not "pace car" ...

How can you expect to sell a car like that with such an awful and very short ad with just one picture. It must have taken him all of 2 minutes to compose that.

How can you expect to sell a car like that with such an awful and very short ad with just one picture. It must have taken him all of 2 minutes to compose that.

You should give lessons Peter;)

I'm always amazed at the poor quality adverts and standard of BS people think they need.

If they were buying would a couple of naff pictures be enough?

Still their loss, probably why on a few occasions I've used e-bay to sell cars / caravans they have sold easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom