E55 AMG flat battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Physio

Car
E55 AMG
Hi guys
I recently bought an E55 but the battery is now flat after standing a few days. How do I recharge the battery and how do I get into the boot to do it. Any advice
Thanks

You need to use the key blade from the key to enter the boot or the drivers door unlock.

Use a CTEK or maybe it’s an old battery that will need replacement. Needs AGM 019.

Indeed might need a new battery, shouldn't go flat if only parked for a few days!

I may have mislead you. It’s been parked a couple of weeks. Do you know where I should charge the battery from. Under the bonnet or in the boot. If it’s the boot how do I get in to it as it won’t open.
Any advice would be helpful

Use the blade key in the boot lock to open it. Charge the battery in the boot directly with a decent charger.

I may have mislead you. It’s been parked a couple of weeks. Do you know where I should charge the battery from. Under the bonnet or in the boot. If it’s the boot how do I get in to it as it won’t open.
Any advice would be helpful
Thank you for your help guys. Ok I’ll try the key. I might seem a bit dim, but the car is in West Sussex where my daughter is staying and I’m in Cumbria so I’m doing this at a distance.
will It cause any problem trickle charging from front battery or rear battery?

Must be the rear battery. There is some guidance in the manual if that's any help?

Ok going to get her to try it.

I had a CTEK charger more or less permanently attached to the rear battery of my CLS55, never a problem with the car's electronics :thumb:

Thank you whitenemesis.
Which charger did you bye. Think I’m going for Ctek as suggested by Mbzclk

CTEK MXS 5.0

I had the connector eyelets fitted so only had to plug in the charger each time, no messing with battery access

The socket for the charger plug is in the boot, the wires come up though the boot floor trim. I kept the charger in the boot and the mains cable exited through the boot lid seal

As I know I have a relay that is causing a small battery drain. I too run a comfort connector for charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom