E55 AMG flat battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On my old E320 (W211) I attached the fly leads that come with a Ctec charger directly to the battery in the boot. \connecting then is just a plug in job rather than crocodile clips, a much neater and elegant solution. Never had any problems with interfering with the cars electronics.

FWIW I understand that the official Mercedes-Benz branded chargers a dealer will sell you are in fact Ctek chargers.

Not the highest output chargers but the gat the job done reliably.

Ok thanks David 404,
I’ve ordered one today. Just hope none of the electronics are messed up.
I’ll let everyone know when I’ve charged the battery.

Ah
I may have mislead you. It’s been parked a couple of weeks. Do you know where I should charge the battery from. Under the bonnet or in the boot. If it’s the boot how do I get in to it as it won’t open.
Any advice would be helpful
ah this explains it 😅😂😂

Hi guys. Thanks for all the help.
Bought a Ctek MSX5.0. Got the boot open (with the key) car now on charge. Haven’t started it yet.
Thank you for all your help and advice.

I recently brought the above 20A battery charger from Halfords. The weight, size and quality of this charger is very good and can be used to jump start using mains power. It also has a trickle charge setting, for slow charge or can be set at fast charge. Once charged, the LED turns green and switches to trickle charge to prevent the battery from toast. I highly recommend this charger, given that it has both trickle and jump start feature.

I recently brought the above 20A battery charger from Halfords. The weight, size and quality of this charger is very good and can be used to jump start using mains power. It also has a trickle charge setting, for slow charge or can be set at fast charge. Once charged, the LED turns green and switches to trickle charge to prevent the battery from toast. I highly recommend this charger, given that it has both trickle and jump start feature.
Decent piece of kit but not suitable for AGM batteries.

I have 900ah lead acid Exceed Premium battery from eurocarparts on mine. No agm or gel batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom