E55 AMG Gearbox/Gear change issues!!! Urgent help/advice pls!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sattani

Car
E55 AMG
Hi guys, I drive 2005 E55 AMG. Can anybody pls enlighten me as to why my gears are not staying put in the relevant gears I put them in when driving in Semi automatic or Manual (M) mode. The car seems to drive absolutely normal in (D) drive mode but keeps on automatically changing gears and puts it into D when driving in semi-automatic or M mode. Obviously there is a fault somewhere! Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what it can be? Could it be an electronic module failure to do with the gear box etc?? Help required urgently!!! Thanks!

Just to understand.

If you leave it in 2nd (M) it will change up without asking?

Yes exactly, and then work it's way up to D as you drive along without me physically changing gears up either via the steering wheel buttons or shifting the gear stick left/right!

And M is still displayed as the shift mode?

Yes M is still displayed as the gear mode!

Do you mean when you redline it and it changes into the next gear?

If so, I get the same, safety... To stop the driver killing the engine maybe?

It's got nothing to do with red lining it! The car just changes the gears automatically as you drive it along in M (Manual) mode. It should only upshift when I do it whether it's via the steering wheel buttons or the gear stick (left/right). It should only changes gears in D mode.

There is no D mode... D signifies the 'box is not in restricted range. If the gear is not displayed then the car is in auto mode, either S or C/W

What I meant is the car drives normally at it should in Automatic mode ( C or S), but when driven in M mode it changes the gears/up shifts automatically as if it's in normal automatic mode. It should not be doing this... I should be the one changing the gears in M mode (up shifting)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom