E55 AMG Pulley Tune & Headers Xpipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
Had a Forum members car came in today for the MSL treatment

Car had been Previously Map before.

SC Pulley
Kleemann Headers
X pipe
Eurocharged MAP

Power is to the Wheels

It was good to meet you today John,
Car sounds awesome now, see you again soon mate for more chicken :thumb:

Likewise Jim!

:thumb:

You're too good at pool!

The power your car makes now is ridiculous as well and it sounds immense. What a sleeper.

Many thanks to Acid and the team for a great day out - enjoyable even if nothing was done... chicken was tasty as well.

Very happy with the car. Had a few opportunities to open it up and it sounds incredible inside the car - but not too much for me.

Very impressed with the quality of the work done and issues sorted out. Those engine mounts were rotten and the old exhaust was a crock.

Imran's new exhaust is very impressive indeed.

Spent a lot more than I planned but well worth the cash.

Going to take it back for another dyno run once it has settled down as the power was improving whilst the car adapted. Gained 4BHP in 10 minutes!

I've setup a Youtube channel with some of the runs:

John - YouTube

:bannana:

Pool comes from a misspent youth mate, should've tried harder at school really LOL :D

Glad you're enjoying your mods John, that exhaust will be bedding in nicely now with the map, hopefully I'll get to hear it again if you're up MSL for another dyno run :thumb:

Nice videos of the day too mate, Acid will be proud :D:thumb:

That's a big improvement in sound after the work done:thumb:
Can I ask what power was being made with all the mods?

Glad you're enjoying your mods John, that exhaust will be bedding in nicely now with the map, hopefully I'll get to hear it again if you're up MSL for another dyno run :thumb:

Nice videos of the day too mate, Acid will be proud :D:thumb:

Definitely will be getting up there again. Those GTRs were awesome - especially Rab's running 600BHP when it flamed on the second run:

[YOUTUBE]kQF4EDbJQH4[/YOUTUBE]

That's a big improvement in sound after the work done:thumb:
Can I ask what power was being made with all the mods?

Depends how you calculate losses through the drivetrain but we were working on 18% I think so it was 501BHP before (so not standard then) and was 550BHP at the end.

Acid thinks at the next dyno it could well be up to 570BHP but who knows.

I cannot really express how happy I am with the car now. Wish I'd done it earlier but I suppose I was happy for the previous 3 years - perhaps now I was getting a bit used to the old girl...

:D

550+ is pretty impressive and I am being swayed to having something like this done on mine. Even stock, the car still surprises me with it's ability so another 70+BHP would be very nice.

Had a Forum members car came in today for the MSL treatment

Car had been Previously Map before.

SC Pulley
Kleemann Headers
X pipe
Eurocharged MAP

Power is to the Wheels

When you say to the wheels do you mean at the wheels?

To the wheels, at the wheels........ what's the difference?
Better explanation would be.....not at the crank ;)

When you say to the wheels do you mean at the wheels?

Power at the wheels is BHP minus the losses through the drivetrain (gear box, drive shaft, half shafts ect)

Eurocharged USA + Weistec in America (Through MB World) seem to settle on the figues of between 18% - 21% loss for Mercedes 55's + 63's as the yanks only use WHP

BHP as we use over here is measured at the fly wheel no loses incurred

So John's 55 made 467.82WHP

467.82 x 1.18 (for loses)

= 552BHP

we've been using the lower of the percentages for calculating BHP so there is no one accusing anybody of over exaggeration, we all know what us blokes are like over power :D

Hope this helps explain it

Last edited:
Yep thanks for that. Impressive power at the wheels.was always told to take 25 percent off the flywheel power to come up with actual power at the wheels.

Yep thanks for that. Impressive power at the wheels.was always told to take 25 percent off the flywheel power to come up with actual power at the wheels.

It varies because not all cars are exactly the same.

That was probably a rough rule of thumb - like roughly working out degrees C to F, you double it and add 30.

There are loads of different figures banded about Edgun, I've even read on American forums that some mustangs apparently lose 33% through the drivetrain! :rolleyes:

All cars are different and certain gear boxes differ again, 25% I think would be a bit excessive for calculating, although I'm more than happy to use your figure bump mine up even more :D:D:D:D:D

We have to trust the yanks for their figures as they use WHP being different to the rest of use using BHP and I notice some Euro countries now going to PS :doh:

Why can't we all use the same :thumb: life would be loads easier

Power at the wheels is BHP minus the losses through the drivetrain (gear box, drive shaft, half shafts ect)

Eurocharged USA + Weistec in America (Through MB World) seem to settle on the figues of between 18% - 21% loss for Mercedes 55's + 63's as the yanks only use WHP

BHP as we use over here is measured at the fly wheel no loses incurred

So John's 55 made 467.82WHP

467.82 x 1.18 (for loses)

= 552BHP

we've been using the lower of the percentages for calculating BHP so there is no one accusing anybody of over exaggeration, we all know what us blokes are like over power :D

Hope this helps explain it

Wouldn't you use the higher 21% figure to 'play it safe' as 18% would be the least loss through the transmission wouldn't it?

Still great power thanks for the info.

Wouldn't you use the higher 21% figure to 'play it safe' as 18% would be the least loss through the transmission wouldn't it?

You're calculating up John not down, if you used the 21% your car would be

467.82 x 1.21

= 566BHP

@ 18%

467.82 x 1.18

= 552BHP

:thumb:

If we were making BHP then yes I would use 21% to calculate WHP for the same reasons of not being accused of over exaggerating.

Yeah - that's what I had in my head (calculating down) - I'm reading it as 18% lost through transmission is better than 21%.

I need an earlier night tonight lol. :rolleyes:

The higher figure of 1.21 sounds good to me ;)

That means I'm running at 650bhp and 732lb/ft torque :)

Yeah - that's what I had in my head (calculating down) - I'm reading it as 18% lost through transmission is better than 21%.

I need an earlier night tonight lol. :rolleyes:

The higher figure of 1.21 sounds good to me ;)

That means I'm running at 650bhp and 732lb/ft torque :)

LOL!

I prefer Edgun's 25% myself, mine= 773BHP 661lbs/ft :thumb::thumb:

773 it is then.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom