E55 AMG SC No Boost after 40sec from cold start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i have a seperate Gauge for boost also im checking with my mechanic if he can log on STAR diagnostic or something

If you get a cheap obd reader and the torque phone app you can monitor iats as you drive so you can see what the iat sensor is doing from start to when you lose power. May show something

Any idea what they do or how they did it or how to test if it is the idle valve? because im on not from the UK i just come here for the info usually always UK falks have the best data and knoweledge by my experience over the years :)

Weistec is an American company. You would have to speak directly to them.

i have a seperate Gauge for boost also im checking with my mechanic if he can log on STAR diagnostic or something

So you have 2 MAP sensors? Or are you reading from OBD?

i couldnt record it from cold to warm state as someone went for a drive before i woke up today x.x came down and it was hot but
we did that iats test and temps are fine between 30and 50 C hard revving to 7k for a while rpm will make it hit 75 once rpm goes down its back to 30-40 and the intercooler is always cool to the touch so IAT is off the table as for
Coolant sensor its fine no spikes nothing same value as the dash value nothing out of the ordinary removing the coolant sensor it reads

and timing is between -32.5 retard full gas from idle no gear and on gear its goes down to -19 retard only and 14 degree advance i took a video of the values on the odb2 ill try to upload it somewhere and by my knowlege from my other cars these values on engine load are normal.

i want to understand why in the hell the car runs perfect if it thinks the coolant temperature is in the 20's C

ill try to upload the video with the coolant sensor outside the system thats was a pass of 1st-2nd-3rd-4th gear afr's are all over the place but the car has full power

i Honeslty belive that the car needs a good tune at this point i belive its just adding fuel on cold start thats all i can think off right now Anyone know someone that has tunes for these cars ?online tuning or files ?

1st part of this is no boost with coolant sensor installed 2nd part is boost with sensor not installed
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this one is a pass threw gears with the car moving on the road with the coolant sensor outside

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I assume you have Torque Pro generating that info you posted in your vids above. The OBD interface is limited in the amount of data it can shift/update a second - I would suggest manually fix the range of all gauges there to allow you to see only the expected operating range per gauge. Then grab a new set of vids but try to cover exactly the same stretch of tarmac with fewer gauges on the screen - only intake temp, boost and revs.

Question1: - Why is the intake spiking so high (+70C) in the second video but no such in the first (about 36C) ?
Question2: - OK when motor cold and funky when no longer cold with a fbw throttle seems to me to be mixture/timing related. What is fuel trims doing after warm-up? ......... pre-cat O2 working as expected?
Question3: - If you stick the original pulleys back on is sanity restored again? ............... was it ok before?

In general - ECU is often mapped for a specific EXPECTED air flow rate on the motor at the factory - mechanically now forcing huge bags of air with a locked pulley may make the ECU think its no longer in control because its encountering a "non-programmed" area of the fuel/timing map .............and its dropping into a "fail-safe" map? ......................... possible you need a ECU remap?

yes i am assuming the same maybe its just the map making it think its not working properly is there any online maps for these specific mods engines?

I would not waste time and money with an online map even if one would be available because your motor's condition/requirements etc are not the same as the next guy's - as you have seen and experienced the ECU knows nothing about your intentions after you have modified the stock mechanicals etc - inserting/using a custom map off somebody else's ideas of life if bound to be less than optimum ....................... I would get it mapped properly by somebody that knows what he is doing.

thats my problem we dont have anyone that knows what he is doing over here , all there focus goes to the burble sound while going down hill or shooting flames on shifts thats all they look for thats why i want an online tune other wise i have to tune it myself i have worked on megasquirt and Link ECU before onn a few of cars but never on an original ecu , is it anything like those any idea?

Its exactly like those ......................
BUT - you will need a STAR at least with an active and current SCN coding subscription ........................ that’s the mechanism to speak to the OEM ECU and make it do what you want. The problem is to know what you want ito both performance and engine protection - this is where you are going to get tripped up. If you are not doing this on a daily basis chances are you will not be anywhere near what it should be ...................lots of dyno time and decent ignition/combustion process knowledge and experience will be able to generate a timing/fuel map.

Me? - I would say its a waste of time, but to each his own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom