E55 AMG W211 Warning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveAMG

Car
Zafira VXR
This is the car I drove all the way to Swansea to buy 171409869811. The owner told me the car had a couple of age related marks e.g stone chips on front bumper etc so I thought fair enough and went to get it. When I got there this is what I found.

Car had been painted very badly down the whole of the drivers side.
N/S headlamp broken
Spare wheel/compressor missing
Locking wheel nut key missing
Spare key missing
Power tailgate inop
Rear blind inop
Very poor service history (mileage suspicious)
Budget tyres all round
Steering wheel sits 45 degrees anti clockwise in straight line
Supercharger noisy on acceleration
Sat nav inop.
Keyless entry to O/S/F door inop
Interior trims damaged
Hole in O/S/F carpet.

When we questioned the owner about any of these faults he replied by saying "I didnt notice that" or "it was like that when I got it" (even though he claims to have paid top money for the car from a dealer)

After a 7 hour wasted trip I was still relieved to have walked away from the car.

Just though Id let you know to save anyone else from potentially buying a lemon!

Yeah sorry thats the one I put the item number but couldnt work out how to do the link on my phone

£4k currently with no reserve?

Has 19" split rims which looks in good nick. Nice enough colour and spec too.

Did you try to buy it outside of eBay? If so how much did you offer?

Maybe needs some TLC but could be a good buy at the right money.

All cars look much better in pictures, scabs, dents etc too smal to see.

I think the ad says it all.... even Mike Brewer would avoid that wheeler dealer.

To be honest if you can get the car for good money then would be a good project for someone. Think my problem was I was under the impression I was going to get a really straight car which is how it is described. Im probably being a bit harsh saying its a lemon just if your going to bid on it or buy it just bear the defects in mind when you price it. I walked away because for the money I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of sorting it

I walked away because for the money I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of sorting it

When you say for the money - what price were you offering?

Many thanks DaveAMG, it's so good to have that kind of knowledge from someone who's actually seen it. At £7800, which was the hammer price last time it sold on ebay, doesn't leave a lot of room to bring it up to scratch does it?

It was one that I have been watching. There are so few straight ones out there that it makes a forum like this invaluable. Cheers

Most of those are common faults, most minor apart from the paintwork.

The problem is when you find all these faults that the owner failed to mention (and somehow didn't notice) it makes you think 'what else are they hiding?' The faults are not that bad but the misrepresentation causes concern and the 7 hour round trip would more than annoy me too.

Sellers hate tyrekickers, buyers hate timewasters too.

The problem is when you find all these faults that the owner failed to mention (and somehow didn't notice) it makes you think 'what else are they hiding?' The faults are not that bad but the misrepresentation causes concern and the 7 hour round trip would more than annoy me too.

Sellers hate tyrekickers, buyers hate timewasters too.

It's even more annoying when you go through the same experience with someone from this forum, with mutual family/friends. A day and £150 wasted due to economy with the truth, and I'm still furious over a year later!

All cars look great in pics, you have to rely on the description. That said a lot of buyers do seem to expect a new car when being second hand.

totally agree with the above, especially when described as "mint"

also when they put "fully loaded, all optons" on the descriptions and its pretty basic!

Shame... Looks good but turned out to be a bit of junk.

Glad you walked away, I know it will cost a fair bit to bring that up to scratch, I guess a few thousands. I bought my car knowing I needed to sort a few things out, not as crazy as that list.

Last edited:
I bought mine expecting to spend a little but ended up spending a lot.

Just call me Jenny from the block :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom