E55 AMGs on eBay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I've been looking as well.. Airbags and a front grill...

The top one looks ok - I saw it a few weeks ago and the wheels were kerbed to death on the front - always puts me off as it shows general lack of care I think.

(And I love the 'soft suspension 'maybe something simple' :D)

Nice black one on there maybe worth a look 2005 reg.

I've been looking as well.. Airbags and a front grill...

The top one looks ok - I saw it a few weeks ago and the wheels were kerbed to death on the front - always puts me off as it shows general lack of care I think.

(And I love the 'soft suspension 'maybe something simple' :D)

Nice black one on there maybe worth a look 2005 reg.

thanks, I can see an '04 black one in Stourbridge but can't spot the 2005. I think black would be my preference but a good example of another colour would be OK

Spec of the first one is lovely. Still going to drop from 9k in the next couple of years quite a bit I imagine but tasty ..

Spec of the first one is lovely. Still going to drop from 9k in the next couple of years quite a bit I imagine but tasty ..

Still not bad from near 100k I guess. If I manage to get one no more looking on Autotrader for a while

The top silver one is on sale again haha. I know it was on sale a few weeks ago. Easy to spot because of all the toys.

How about this one:

Mercedes-Benz E Class E55K 4dr Tip Auto 5.4

I saw that one, not bad at all, good price. I was trying to see if it had the later speedometer

My 04 plate has the 160 speedo, so that would definately have the 160 speedo from factory.

I've seen a 54 with 160mph speedo.

Mine is a '55 plate.

It was fun making sure the needle works past the 3 o'clock position...;)

Mine was registered on 12/5/04 and has the 200mph speedo. Obviously it's an 04 plate too.
See the above avatar.

The 54 plate I saw could have been an older build date registered later I guess...

It's not an exact science it seems - one has to check I guess.

Mine was registered on 12/5/04 and has the 200mph speedo. Obviously it's an 04 plate too.
See the above avatar.

Mine registered 17/6/04 with a 160 speedo ?? on 04 plate, the mesh grill is the thing to look out for with ref to the potential electrical gremlins.

Mine registered 17/6/04 with a 160 speedo ?? on 04 plate, the mesh grill is the thing to look out for with ref to the potential electrical gremlins.

Looks like there is a bit of pot luck with the 200mph speedo fitments then??

Unfortunately, mine has the earlier slatted grille opposed to the updated mesh grille with revised electrics.

The 54 plate I saw could have been an older build date registered later I guess...

It's not an exact science it seems - one has to check I guess.

Looking at Ginger E55's post it appears a bit of a lottery as to which speedo you get on an 04 reg:D

Like you say, checking the build date and datacard is the way to go.

Looking at Ginger E55's post it appears a bit of a lottery as to which speedo you get on an 04 reg:D

Like you say, checking the build date and datacard is the way to go.

But have you used the extra 40mph more you have compared to mine:D LOL

the datacard on the card will assist here, if its a 805 build model (the code will be on the datacard) it will be 2005 revision inc 200mph clocks and later electrics, this can be 53,04,54, 06 models, so the reg year does not point to this.

But have you used the extra 40mph more you have compared to mine:D LOL

:devil: I can't say on the grounds it may incriminate me:D

No I value my licence too much to do anything too daft on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom