E55 auto boot closure???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
smoothcoupeHardcore MB Enthusiast
Evening all my car has auto boot opener/closure. It hasn’t worked for about 2years so today I decided to investigate. I checked wiring coming into boot on n/s hinge and around 11 wires where worn and shorting together and on wire split. I soldered and insulated wires. And all good switches on bootlid lit up and it now works... however only opens halfway. I checked in the manual and it says opening height can be set to halfway or ful on saloons and estates via menu on dash. I followed instructions and checked but can find the option in the menu... any ideas guys???

smoothcoupeHardcore MB Enthusiast
Evening all my car has auto boot opener/closure. It hasn’t worked for about 2years so today I decided to investigate. I checked wiring coming into boot on n/s hinge and around 11 wires where worn and shorting together and on wire split. I soldered and insulated wires. And all good switches on bootlid lit up and it now works... however only opens halfway. I checked in the manual and it says opening height can be set to halfway or ful on saloons and estates via menu on dash. I followed instructions and checked but can find the option in the menu... any ideas guys???
Car obviously has the option. Followed these instructions from handbook. But couldn’t find nothing in the menu... strange??

Attachments

• 94FF47F8-C935-402C-AE2B-D43879907496.jpeg
    94FF47F8-C935-402C-AE2B-D43879907496.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom