E55 brake squeal (HELP)

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Tarling, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Tarling

Tarling New Member

Car:
    E55 amg
    Evening all

After a couple of months of ownership I have to say other than one random flat battery the cars been fantastic!!!

Until my front brakes started squealing. I decided to put some new brembo pads in as they were pagid pads and unfortunately the squeal returned so after that I thought sod it and put some genuine mb brembo discs and pads and guess what.... it returned:mad:

I've tried breaking them to leave layer of pad material on the disc which works great for about 2 days:doh:

Is there a softer pad that's recommended or any other advice would be appreciated? Also all pistons are free!

Thanks Luke

2. AMGeed

AMGeed MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
    Had the same problem last year when I replaced my OEM with Brembo discs and pads.
    Incidentally, Brembo are not OEM unless things have changed and the dealers are sending Brembos out in MB packaging.

Mine squealed like a stuck pig for a few hundred miles but since then they have been perfect. Persevere and the squeal will go.

3. OP
    OP
    Tarling

Tarling New Member

Car:
    E55 amg
    Sounds like there's light at the end of the tunnel lol, my wife's on the verge of refusing to drive the car and wants the Impreza back:confused:

All parts from dealer too!

I'm gonna take your advice and tell the missus to turn the stereo up and don't make eye contact with deafened pedestrians:thumb:

Thanks

Tags: