E55 brake squeal (HELP)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tarling

Car
E55 amg
Evening all

After a couple of months of ownership I have to say other than one random flat battery the cars been fantastic!!!

Until my front brakes started squealing. I decided to put some new brembo pads in as they were pagid pads and unfortunately the squeal returned so after that I thought sod it and put some genuine mb brembo discs and pads and guess what.... it returned:mad:

I've tried breaking them to leave layer of pad material on the disc which works great for about 2 days:doh:

Is there a softer pad that's recommended or any other advice would be appreciated? Also all pistons are free!

Thanks Luke

Had the same problem last year when I replaced my OEM with Brembo discs and pads.
Incidentally, Brembo are not OEM unless things have changed and the dealers are sending Brembos out in MB packaging.

Mine squealed like a stuck pig for a few hundred miles but since then they have been perfect. Persevere and the squeal will go.

Had the same problem last year when I replaced my OEM with Brembo discs and pads.
Incidentally, Brembo are not OEM unless things have changed and the dealers are sending Brembos out in MB packaging.

Mine squealed like a stuck pig for a few hundred miles but since then they have been perfect. Persevere and the squeal will go.

Sounds like there's light at the end of the tunnel lol, my wife's on the verge of refusing to drive the car and wants the Impreza back:confused:

All parts from dealer too!

I'm gonna take your advice and tell the missus to turn the stereo up and don't make eye contact with deafened pedestrians:thumb:

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom