E55 / E430 wdb210 Test ride??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Hi there, as you guys can see by my previous posts ive bin looking into buying a e55 or e430.

Ive had loads of Mercedes in the past but they have all been from the eighties.
Is there anyone near Harwich/Colchester/ipswich/essex area who can take me for a short spin in theres so i can see what the wdb210's are like?

Im 35 married with 5 kids and a sensible chap not a gorrilla lol really would like to get back into MB ownership soon.

Best wishes

Gavin/merc85

Ps here is a pic of my concours sel i had

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bump..... , i suppose i could find one at a Dealer just didnt want to waste anyones time, would be nice to get a honest appraisal from a current owner.

If you were nearer ( Bucks ) then by all means you could have a trip out in mine.

Owned for 3 years now ( e55 210 ) basically a point and shoot car, comfy to ride around in, eats up the miles ( circa 23mpg on a long drive and single digit should you press it harder ) - No real faults with mine, replaced MAF sensor and tyres etc, other than that just normal servicing and maintenance which thus far has come in about the same prices as running a 58plate Ford mondeo !!

Discs and pads now at silly low price etc but as with all of these cars there are many out there ready to eat your wallet.

Took me over 6 months to find mine and I'm the 2nd owner of it so it has great history. Just take the time to find the best example you can - make sure everything works as it should and it's not too a rusty example ( google W210 Rust problems )

I like the fact that it's not all 'Wings & Fins' and most people don't know what car it is other than thinking maybe a diesel with a set of wheels on it. - Suits me fine.

Currently or at least when last dyno'd, the numbers came up with 403BHP/434LB torque - again suits me.

Summary - Find a good one.

Pic of Thunderbird 4 taken a few weeks back

ME1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Billywhiz, thanks for taking the time to reply and the honest appraisal. she looks awesome. like you said, shame you wernt closer, seriously that looks awesome ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom