E55 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Littleborough

Car
Clk 320 Cdi sport
I am looking for an E55 estate in black

Must have

:full MBSH
:less than 60,000 miles

Would like to have
:air cooled seats

Genuine private buyer ready to buy

There is one for sale at Mercedes in Reading, met. blue with 19k on the clock

I'm not sure I've seen one for sale with under 60k miles in the 2 or 3 years I've been aware of them. It won't be cheap and will be well into e63 territory and much newer cars.
Could be a long wait, the newest are 06 plate iirc. You could keep an eye on Jersey classifieds as I've seen about 4 come out of there and their mileages tend to be smaller, nowhere to go I suppose!
Best of luck

I'm not sure I've seen one for sale with under 60k miles in the 2 or 3 years I've been aware of them. It won't be cheap and will be well into e63 territory and much newer cars.
Could be a long wait, the newest are 06 plate iirc. You could keep an eye on Jersey classifieds as I've seen about 4 come out of there and their mileages tend to be smaller, nowhere to go I suppose!
Best of luck

Really? Looks like I may struggle then, I had seen a couple of saloons at that kind of mileage so hoped there could be estates out there, realise production numbers were far lower of course.

I accept it won't be cheap but don't see that as a problem as inherently it means it holds the higher value for however long I'd keep it

Jersey sounds a good idea and one I hadn't thought of so thanks for suggesting, it's a quick flight away so not a blocker as such

There is one for sale in U.K. ATM with 85k for £17.5k - initially it felt a little too expensive with those miles.......tbh though I've little to go compare against as I have only just decided to guy one

I think you will struggle getting the mileage you want.

low mileage might not be a good thing as it would mean short journeys or long spells left undriven. components still deteriorate over time.

I think you will struggle getting the mileage you want.

low mileage might not be a good thing as it would mean short journeys or long spells left undriven. components still deteriorate over time.

That's a good point, not had chance to think much yet - too busy with work and spreadsheets!!

Your quite right though, I suppose fmbsh is more important than just miles.

The one I have seen for sale is at 85k and I think last service was 80k therefore without knowing the service schedule I'd guess the next can't be far off due.

Before I look it up I wonder if anyone happens to know if there is anything major due on the service schedule or the next service at around 85k miles?

Don't rule out cars serviced at an MB indy. Personally, once out of warranty I'd prefer it. At least at an indy you know the work is getting done.

Plugs are 50k miles or 4 years. ATF every 37k miles. Servicing is 11k miles or when the indicator warns you. It depends on driving conditions as to when the service light comes on.

Be wary of Jersey cars. A small island with very salty sea air. Post 04 cars should be galvanised but rust still happens.

As Alps points out, getting an estate with under 60k miles, and in black, is mission almost impossible. You'll be looking a long time. Estates rarely come up on Auto Trader and are usually 100k miles plus and silver. Not that high mileage is a problem with these unstressed engines.

Good luck in your search.

Lived in Jersey for 8 years, only problem with salt is if owner lives very close to the coast and car kept outside, generally corrosion not a major problem. Often the better cars are garaged, especially as owners can often be away, as was my 211 which spent 6 month's a year in dry storage!

E55k stopped in early 2006, finding a 11+ year old with 60k will be difficult and very expensive. Even the E63 (facelift W211) is down in price and you will definitely be over paying for one with reduced mileage.

There is one for sale here, around 100k miles but the best spec you will find that has been looked after. Worth a look.

E55k stopped in early 2006, finding a 11+ year old with 60k will be difficult and very expensive. Even the E63 (facelift W211) is down in price and you will definitely be over paying for one with reduced mileage.

There is one for sale here, around 100k miles but the best spec you will find that has been looked after. Worth a look.

What's on here an estate? Can't seem to find it via a search pal

also E55 service schedule is every 2 years ! or 12K miles, assyst system normally flags this up every 14 months or so.

so keep this in mind too :)

I'm still tempted to get an E55k estate back but would like a blue one. They seem rare and not in plentiful supply though.

also E55 service schedule is every 2 years ! or 12K miles, assyst system normally flags this up every 14 months or so.

so keep this in mind too :)

Will do thanks alps

Going to look at an estate on Saturday now. 85k with history but very little in the way of options

That's nice for sure, for me it's an e55 I want - only because I read they are more brutal - not actually driven either yet

I get the Brutal thing, But my e55k doesn't feel anywhere nearr brutal like a 5.5 Bi-turbo,

I've never driven a 6.2 n/a so dont know what there like, the 55's are very smooth and deceptively fast for sure.

I get the Brutal thing, But my e55k doesn't feel anywhere nearr brutal like a 5.5 Bi-turbo,

I've never driven a 6.2 n/a so dont know what there like, the 55's are very smooth and deceptively fast for sure.

What's the 5.5bi turbo in? The latest e63?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom