E55 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks tired imho , how many shades of silver, 1x dull headlight and rot in the rear arch I’d hate to see the inside of the arch. Looks more a breaker tome. Will’s car on here was a much better buy

It's a good price for a wagon for someone on a tight budget, but I'd expect to spend a couple of thousand£ getting it up to scratch.
That rust needs sorting very quickly too.

Looks a straight enough car to me - good history, low owners, premium tyres, sounds like an honest seller.

Bid £6,500, spend £500 on the bodywork and keep another grand spare for the usual stuff and I think it’d make a good buy.

As above looks good to me!

Jeez really? Lol

Looks bit tired, but could be sorted with bit of care and a prob about a grand spent. Headlight is a real common issue, must have had a new one at some point. Good spec too and not sure I've seen an estate for such little money, but then I'm not really keeping an eye on the market!? Hard to tell about paint shades from the pics. I can see what Gav means, particularly on n/s rear door, but often difficult to tell unless looking in the flesh.

I’ve had 2 s211’s and w211, they start to rust on the inside arches best caught quickly,it’s mainly where the spot welds are and where the rear subframe bolts to floor , if that car is In that state externally I’d be very surprised if the inside arches “which you won’t see” before buying are not hanging. Why refurb the wheels instead of sorting the body out before sale is beyond me. Why change just one headlight ? That would do my head in driving a car looking like that. Nice spec car indeed But overpriced considering the current market and condition. 1k to put right maybe. I believe it could be closer 3. Shame, and then you still have a car which is knocking on the door of 160k

Nice spec car indeed But overpriced considering the current market and condition. 1k to put right maybe. I believe it could be closer 3
As opposed to say the SL55, these were always meant to be mile-munchers and as such the vast majority will have been used as “daily’s” and will have signs of wear and tear - and lets be honest the one in the OP looks and sounds as though it’s been well maintained but it is 15 (!) years old - I would personally buy on condition/current owners attitude as opposed to *just* the mileage.

IMHO age is no excuse, a vehicle should be kept well both internally and externally. That one appears to have just been used from day one as a tool which if you want from a car fair enough, Will’s car wasn’t far off that price and it makes that one look very tired indeed.

All it needs is about £500 of bodywork lol, hardly a scrapper! :D

£500? Lol then sort the sandpaper leather interior too , Certainly a car to go view eyes wide open, go on clk320x you know you want too ;)

worth £5K max imo, then leave a grand or so to sort the bits.

It looks well used...

£500? Lol then sort the sandpaper leather interior too , Certainly a car to go view eyes wide open, go on clk320x you know you want too ;)

I actually do! Lol

Wen you buy it and then break it let me know ;) lol

It's a shame as my 55 did have rust on the inside lip of the arches. The Indy I use has a 55 and he tended to his rust issue. Was one of the reasons I did part my 55. It's a job that could be tackled by a novice the rubbing down side. But regarding protection and painting I think I would leave that to a pro. I also didn't have the time to undertake the work myself. Some enthusiastic TLC would bring this monster back to life and make someone very happy. It's worth 5k for that engine alone lol. I thinks I fairy priced to be fair with some movement for the purchaser.

Needs a bit more than £500 of bodywork IMHO if you wanted it right or to stop it causing an issue at some point in the future. At least £1k in bodywork likely more if I'm being realistic. A spend of £500 on bodywork doesn't get you much these days other than a cheap lacking job unless you can do much of the work/prep yourself.

Why did this when a better.one is not much more. Needs to be £5k to attract someone to want to take this on in the current market/cimate.

Looks a pretty straight and honest car other than that. Would not be easy to resell on again later and will only do so by being cheap enough. Therefore you have to buy heap in the first place.

The expectations of forum members with regards second hand cars is quite hilarious - do they expect every single car ever owned to be completely mint and owned by someone who spends thousands of pounds on constant maintenance that doesn’t really need doing? It’s a four door saloon with a whacking great V8 stuffed in, not a 1970’s V12 Exotica.

You may have very very high standards (even going by motoring forum purity levels) but 99% of car owners aren’t mechanically minded and will get work and servicing done when needed or annually etc and dragging a 15 year old E55K that’s been described honestly as little more than scrap because it needs a bit of TLC is ridiculous and does prospective owners a disservice.

Will it need money spending? Without a doubt! Will it need thousands and thousands of pounds on a full respray and a complete mechanical overhaul? Not a chance!

Couldn’t agree more SPX... some forum members slate a car before they’ve even seen it.

Just like the the 55 estate I bought a few months back. So many of them made assumptions that it didn’t work and would have issues. The car was near mint!

Also I find that some people on this forum want perfect for peanuts.

If you want new, buy new.

Just like the the 55 estate I bought a few months back. So many of them made assumptions that it didn’t work and would have issues. The car was near mint!
I thought it looked an honest car at the time, I’m glad it worked out well. Have you still got it?
Also I find that some people on this forum want perfect for peanuts.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt; I’ve advertised cars in the past that have been very competitively priced then had people ask for reams and reams of info then offer less than even WBAC... I’ve even had someone message me to say something I’m selling is way overpriced only to then sell it on eBay auction for only 10% than what I was offering it for on here!
If you want new, buy new.
Good luck with that one..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom