e55 finned cooler rear axle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

logman

Car
e55amg kompressor estate
Wanted finned cooler plate which bolts on bottom of rear axle part no

A230 351 17 08 to fit 2004 e55k estate or price new thanks

Fins

merc85-albums-brutus-17-12-16-picture10334-paint5.jpg

Look awesome don't they :)

Standard fitment on the CLS55 ...

Is it a fashion accessory or are people genuinely overheating their rear diffs?

Not to sure, Mine was on there when i bought the car, Perhaps Mb thought that the diff's needed it?

Or perhaps there Rd team got it wrong:dk:

Is it a fashion accessory or are people genuinely overheating their rear diffs?

Brabus used to have remote diff oil coolers integrated into the rear spoilers on 1980s W201s. I guess that's a bit more 'showy' than the fins on the casing underneath :eek:

standard on the E55 Gav

Not to sure, Mine was on there when i bought the car, Perhaps Mb thought that the diff's needed it?

Or perhaps there Rd team got it wrong:dk:

It was fitted for a reason that's for sure. I'd hazard a guess that it's only beneficial for sustained driving at high speeds i.e. autobahn use. On the other hand if there were serious concerns about the diff oil overheating they would have fitted an oil cooler, one would hope.

It was fitted for a reason that's for sure. I'd hazard a guess that it's only beneficial for sustained driving at high speeds i.e. autobahn use. On the other hand if there were serious concerns about the diff oil overheating they would have fitted an oil cooler, one would hope.

Guess I will have to drive a bit slower then (ha ha) until I replace my broken one Thanks for all your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom