E55 had jet 2 s/c oil for 6 months, going to attempt it myself.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kwan88

Car
Merc
I had this can of jet 2 oil for my supercharger for 6 months and after enquiring if specilists would change the oil whilist the s/c was on the car, they simply were not really interested.

I have brought long magnetic allen keys, an syringe and tubing and will attempt it soon. Obviously I will put some rugs under the area in case I drop the bolt from the s/c.

Anyone tried this and is it idiot proof? From the guides I have read it's simply sick out the old oil and fill till it reaches the drain hole?

Regards.

Done it on my SLK230 Eaton M45 supercharger - smaller s/c than yours but probably constructed in much the same way.

On mine the drain plug was a Torx not a hex key but even with the correct bit the plug was so tight I stripped the torx splines in the plug. As I has the S/C off the car and was going the open up the gearbox to replace the coupling it wasn't a major problem as I was able to refill the 'box before I refitted the cover.

After hearing this I am not sure if I should even try. I suppose I will give the drain plug a quick turn and if it doesn't move then I leave it as I am not where to get a replacement drain plug from?

where you based kwan, im sure we can find someone who can do this for you

Hi Mate, What color Rug are you planning on using? it's just that stains are more easily concealed if you use a dark colored rug.

Thanks,
S

After hearing this I am not sure if I should even try. I suppose I will give the drain plug a quick turn and if it doesn't move then I leave it as I am not where to get a replacement drain plug from?

Make sure you can open the fill plug before trying the drain plug, draining it and then finding you cannot re-fill is not a good place to be:thumb:

Alps I am based in Slough. Anyone willing to help? Please.

Got the long reach magnetic Allen keys today. Anyone willing to assist, I can drive to you, as I would rather performing the job with someone that has done it before.

Regards.

Sorry to hijack your thread mate but like I told you the syringe method is a joke!
If you want to change the oil ( and there is no need to as it's designed to run at unreal speed for hundreds if not thousands of hours ), then remove the sc and tip it out properly.
Otherwise you might as well consider it as effective as renewing most of your engine oil!
Which is no good

Like I said sorry to hijack your thread K!

Sorry to hijack your thread mate but like I told you the syringe method is a joke!
If you want to change the oil ( and there is no need to as it's designed to run at unreal speed for hundreds if not thousands of hours ), then remove the sc and tip it out properly.
Otherwise you might as well consider it as effective as renewing most of your engine oil!
Which is no good

Like I said sorry to hijack your thread K!

Totally agree, I did mine and as soon as you realise how random the removal is you will think why am I bothering.

I thought so too but this morning from cold, there was less of the initial supercharger whine at startup. Most likely in the mind but I will see again tomorrow morning. Thanks again Chris.

I thought so too but this morning from cold, there was less of the initial supercharger whine at startup. Most likely in the mind but I will see again tomorrow morning. Thanks again Chris.

Placebo

Kwan88 i just wanted to find out how this went? did you do this in a safe environment? (i.e. I've heard that some people have done this at some services on the M40 beginning with B and ending with D), did you need to use the carpet in the end?

Kwan88 i just wanted to find out how this went? did you do this in a safe environment? (i.e. I've heard that some people have done this at some services on the M40 beginning with B and ending with D), did you need to use the carpet in the end?

Block this guy he is an internet troll!

Defo placebo effect as the s/c isn't engaged at start-up unless the ambient temp is below 0c

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom