E55 how low will these go ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I sold my estate with 144,000 miles with quite a few options including 7 seats for £6750 with new brakes all round. Could barely give it away. In my opinion it was worth £8000 all day long as it was in good condition but just couldn't sell it.

Time of year or may be desperate to sell?

Generally they are advertised a lot higher than that price but who knows for sure what they actually end up selling for.

I'm the end of the day they are lovely cars but the potential bills and that big v8 can be a hard sell.

His feedback is not the best so would not take his word for anything and get it inspected properly.

Some of the '£1000s spent' was due to failed MOT

Very low priced. 8.5£. Minimum for me. Time of year like others have said. Quick sale possibly. I also thought they were starting to increase in price not drop anymore that for sure. Wouldn't let mine go for anything near that Price. Mines done 50K less though.

Just a question for other E55K owners. Was distronic an option from the first year build or was it later down the line it come available. Can it be retro fitted also ?

Cheers.

Watch the video, that engine sounds abit tappy to me :/ shame the car looks really nice

Sure does sound tappy on idle, over tappy as you say. The wheels are from a cls also I'm sure. Definitely different to mine.

Nasty crack in that front wheel by the looks of it - has it been sitting for a while? low voltage error on dash

His feedback is not the best so would not take his word for anything and get it inspected properly.

Some of the '£1000s spent' was due to failed MOT

First thing I check is the sellers rep. His is not good and he is a trader looking at the number of cars he sells on the site.
He'll probably get his asking price, but that car needs money spent on it. Its very low spec too.

Just a question for other E55K owners. Was distronic an option from the first year build or was it later down the line it come available. Can it be retro fitted also ?

Cheers.

Not sure when it was introduced, but yes, it can be retrofitted. A CLS55 member from Southampton has done it recently.

Very low priced. 8.5£. Minimum for me. Time of year like others have said. Quick sale possibly. I also thought they were starting to increase in price not drop anymore that for sure. Wouldn't let mine go for anything near that Price. Mines done 50K less though.

Cheers.
Distronic was available on first year 52 plates, I have seen a few examples before.

Retrofitted - Yes, I have done this to my own car.

Distronic was available on first year 52 plates, I have seen a few examples before.

Retrofitted - Yes, I have done this to my own car.

Ok that's cool.

Major774, Did you retrofit the work yourself. If so is their a lot involved to do this mod.

I certainly wouldn't be able to under take such a job lol. How much cost are we talking roughly?

On a side note how many owners use the distronic function. Is it a good system. Sounds really good reading up on it.

Sorry for going off topic as such.

Thanks

I didn't see the video, that sounds like a cam rounded & pulleys to me than just tappets, I've never heard on this rough before. My wife's diesel is smoother lol

Why has he only one oil cooler & the discs look shot.

Last edited:
Those wheels, don't recall seeing them on an E55 before :dk:

Poor ad, poor feedback......probably means poor car :cool:

They'll bottom out a couple of thousands soon enough, then people who can't afford to maintain them will by them and they become parts cars. It's the circle of life.

Can't remember the exact cost, £1.6-£2k and I now hate normal cruise control :D

I only use it on the motorway.

1) I had to source all the parts myself
2) The whole system was DIY fitted
3) Car went to Comand in Lightwater for coding and updating of my datacard
4) Car went to MB Gatwick for Distronic alignment
5) Tested a lap of the M25, touched the brake pedal twice

They'll bottom out a couple of thousands soon enough, then people who can't afford to maintain them will by them and they become parts cars. It's the circle of life.

Chuckle vision

Can't remember the exact cost, £1.6-£2k and I now hate normal cruise control :D

I only use it on the motorway.

1) I had to source all the parts myself
2) The whole system was DIY fitted
3) Car went to Comand in Lightwater for coding and updating of my datacard
4) Car went to MB Gatwick for Distronic alignment
5) Tested a lap of the M25, touched the brake pedal twice

Not alot involved then lol

Nov - Mar is probably the worst time of year to be selling a thirsty V8 barge...however flip it the other war around, great time to buy one:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom