E55 ic pump.

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by smoothcoupe, Mar 31, 2014.

1. smoothcoupe

smoothcoupe Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
    Hi all. Im gonna get a bosch "10" intercooler pump this week and fit myself on sat afternoon. I undersatand these are pretty much plug n play. My question is, if i clamp the hoses close to the pump before removal then refit. Do i need to bleed the air from the coolant or can leave to run upto temp with reservoir lid off.. the symptons im getting are sometimes car feels sluggish by e55 standards, when you put foot down it doesnt seem to respond until it drops down a gear. But other times goes like hell. Many thanks

2. SavMan

SavMan Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    E55K AMG
    You should bleed the system, its easier with STAR. I have done it without STAR with small crocodile clips and a battery connected directly to the pump.

There is a black rubber cap on the outlet of the intercooler (just above the alternator its the upper pipe) clamp a length of pipe or hose and run it into the expansion tank. Clamp the return hose (the hose same hose that the rubber cap is on) and connect the battery to the pump. Only takes a few minutes until all air is removed from the system.

1 person likes this.
Tags: