e55 keyless entry problem again!! help..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OceanstarBug

Car
E55 amg
Hi all, wondering if someone could share some light, 2 days ago my keyless and go stop working complete. When u used the keyless start, Speedo displayed "key not recognised". Same message when I tried usin the lock and unlock function on the passenger side front and rear, but for some reason when the driver side handle pressed, nothing happens and no messages at all from the Speedo, just nothing. Same On the driver side rear.

Any ideas? Thanks

as per Richards suggestion, or do you have any keys rings attached, i find they interfere also.

changed the battery today. but this still does the same thing. what really strange tho, the driver side front and rear isnt responding at all either lock or unlock. passenger side response to the keyless button, but would not unlock the doors and keyless start also display the same " key not recognized" message.

I just picked up a S500 with keyless. The cards had no batteries in them so not working when picked up.
Put new batteries in and they have a green light when I press the button.

Problem is they do nothing. Pushing the buttons on a locked car does nothing. Pressing engine start button does nothing and locking also nothing.

I have read the manual and done some googling but no luck ... Any tips ?

Just to add ... There is mention of a resync process on the web but looking in the manual I find nothing.

Any w220 needs to go star on a regular basis anyway. Check for keyless faults on star.

Any w220 needs to go star on a regular basis anyway. Check for keyless faults on star.

Fair point, planning to get that done ASAP.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas in the meantime ..

Door handle sensors. Fairly common, and can result in key not recognised message too.

I don't have the credit card key for mine. I have the usual keyless dual key. Just touch any part of thew handle to unlock and press the button to lock. Foot on brake pedal and press start button and away it goes.

Have changed the batteries 2 or 3 times and not needed any re-synching or anything.

How is the rest of the car? Enjoying all the other goodies?

Door handle sensors. Fairly common, and can result in key not recognised message too.

Thanks ... Assume the message shows on the dash?
I am not seeing any messages anywhere. Card seems to have no affect .

I don't have the credit card key for mine. I have the usual keyless dual key. Just touch any part of thew handle to unlock and press the button to lock. Foot on brake pedal and press start button and away it goes.

Have changed the batteries 2 or 3 times and not needed any re-synching or anything.

How is the rest of the car? Enjoying all the other goodies?

Maybe I have not been touching at handle at the same time. Will try again..

Everything is fine with it apart from the keyless and a couple of minor trim pieces that need replacing or clean.

The previous owner liked touching the a pillar and sun visors. It's not serious but they are a bit grubby. The A pillar cover needs replacing.

Ah, one other thing ... Cd changer is dead it seems ..

Thanks ... Assume the message shows on the dash?
I am not seeing any messages anywhere. Card seems to have no affect .

Yeah, if no messages in dash then it must be a module fault as it seems it's not even trying to pick up your key.

Yeah, if no messages in dash then it must be a module fault as it seems it's not even trying to pick up your key.

Thanks ... Will see what star has to say.
I fiddled more today and no luck.

Noticed a couple if other things too. The mirrors don't fold in on locking as selected in the settings.

Also cd changer has been butchered trying to get a jammed magazine out.
Can't work out how to remove it which is irritating. Undid the two bolts attaching bracket but it's still stuck.

I had this trouble with my Sl earlier on in the year , turned out to be one of the computers in The boot, condensation had blown it :-/

I had this trouble with my Sl earlier on in the year , turned out to be one of the computers in The boot, condensation had blown it :-/

Sounds expensive .... Keen to get mine looked at now.

To be expected though as they get older I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom