E55 or CLS55 ?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdmfreshuk

Car
RPS13, Type R WRX STI, Turbo Integra, Turbo Civic, L200 Truck
Hey,

Sorry if this question has been asked but i couldn't find a thread for it,
Anyone owned both of them and can do a quick compassion of which one they prefer?

Thanks

You don't see many CLS taxis ....

The E is a great car but looks commonplace

Do you want a great looking car that can only seat 4 or a 5 seater taxi that can blend into the background but surprise many. Not many would disagree the CLS is better looking, but don't discount the E.
You need to try them both.

CLS is a bit of a Marmite car, not to keen on Marmite !!

Seats wise its not a huge loss for me if i loose one space, Price wise they are both pretty similar. Looks wise i prefer the CLS and you can get more of them in Black. E55 im struggling to find a decent one thats up for sale that isn't silver. (No offence to any silver owners)

Seats wise its not a huge loss for me if i loose one space, Price wise they are both pretty similar. Looks wise i prefer the CLS and you can get more of them in Black. E55 im struggling to find a decent one thats up for sale that isn't silver. (No offence to any silver owners)

None taken:D
Black looks great when its just polished but the first shower and you have to get the bucket and sponge out. Do not buy black if you live on a busy street.

Hello Mate!

I was also hesitating between E55 and CLS55.

Since I have a tight budget (£12k) and they are not many on sale on Autotrader (maybe its not the season for sale?) I can only get the pre-facelift model whether its the E55 or the CLS55.

What I do not like on pre facelift E55 is the dash and streering they look outdated for a prestige car like that. Second reason is that Mercedes has come out with 2 shapes after this one (W212 and W213).

The CLS still looks "modern" in side out and the coupe design is simply amazing! Last reason, there is only one newer shape (W218).

What I do not like on pre facelift E55 is the dash and streering they look outdated for a prestige car like that.

You won't find a facelift E55 unless it's been retrofitted with E63 parts. The facelft model in 2006 was the introduction of the W211 E63.

Disagree regarding looks think the cls trys to hard owned a 350 cls drives lovely. I think the e looks more muscle car like that cls. The rear seats I found not as comfy as the e. Head restriction in the rear is also an issue with 6ft plus foke. Visibility also not as good with the door /window design. Just my opinion. What ever takes your fancy. Exhaust I have read is different more vocal on the cls

Disagree on dash statement too. I really like the dash orange needles on the e55. Think it's well up to date personally.

Disagree regarding looks think the cls trys to hard owned a 350 cls drives lovely. I think the e looks more muscle car like that cls. The rear seats I found not as comfy as the e. Head restriction in the rear is also an issue with 6ft plus foke. Visibility also not as good with the door /window design. Just my opinion. What ever takes your fancy. Exhaust I have read is different more vocal on the cls��

Of course we all have our own impressions and opinions. I personally found rear headroom and legroom ample in the CLS and I'm 6'1". The rear seats are wonderfully supportive and cosseting.
I did find the visibility to the front quarter restricted by the door mirrors but side vision was fine. Parking sensors are a must though! I found the body far more rigid in the CLS and cabin noise lower than in the E

As has been said many times, one really has to drive both models ...

I didn't I'm 6'4" Funny I found the e cabin more stable than the cls. And like said much prefer the looks of the e.

I found the body far more rigid in the CLS and cabin noise lower than in the E

As has been said many times, one really has to drive both models ...

Whilst I have owned neither of these cars in AMG form, the character of the cars is very different even in V6 diesel form.
I agree that the body is stiffer and quieter in the CLS, but that the C of G is lower and gives the car much greater agility (no, not the finance package!)
I did almost buy a CLS 55, but, call me mean, I could not come to terms with a halving of the fuel economy.:eek:
The V8 engine suits the character of the CLS much better than a that of a taxi hot rod....:devil:

Were you ever chauffeured in your own car P ?
Nobody has driven mine with me in the car.:D

Yes, a few times. Each time driven by a service tech or manager, even by Olly when he reset the TCM and demonstrated how one should drive to complete the process.

hi my name is kevin, and i was wondering if you would know, why my two front wings just behind the headlights get very hot,bizzar because theres nothing there,only an expantion tank on right hand side,and the temp is fine,car runs okay. im thinking it could be electical fault and dagerous.i would be greatful for your input, as it is bafflling my brain, but im only a bricklayer ha.
cheers kev

E55K is the best car ever made by Mercedes.

Preferably in estate form for maximum Q-Car effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom