E55 paddle shifts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NICK P

Car
E55 AMG
Quick question guys, I have just taken my steering wheel off my E55 and sent it to Royal Steering wheels to be re trimmed, Before I fit it again I would like to change the shift buttons to paddles. Is there somebody that
sells them that are a direct replacement.

I think there some dremelling action to get the paddles to fit where the buttons once were. Theres a few members on here that have done that mod. I have a set of new OEM black paddles if you are interested.

Thanks Abb, i'll wait until somebody develops a direct fit paddle.

Defo not a straight swap, otherwise you would already have them. ;)

+1 for Royal Steering Wheels!

There is a member on here doing a direct replacement, not sure if they are compatible.

Last edited:
copy & paste into eBay....
'G PADDLE' GEAR SHIFTERS to fit MERCEDES BENZ AMG STEERING WHEEL - EASY TO FIT!

copy & paste into eBay....
'G PADDLE' GEAR SHIFTERS to fit MERCEDES BENZ AMG STEERING WHEEL - EASY TO FIT!

These are the ones that folk on here are saying won't fit E55

Which is a shame as they would be a damn good solution if they worked!

These are the ones that folk on here are saying won't fit E55

Which is a shame as they would be a damn good solution if they worked!

Have the folk who say they don't fit actually tried ? Why don't you email the guy and ask him ? I'm sure he'd advise accordingly. I've bought a pair to fit to my late 2005 C55 :thumb: When I get time :dk:

paddles

Hi guys I am the person who developed the paddles that Nick mentioned,sadly my product will not fit the E55 and possibly a couple other models although we are looking at getting some produced, other that it is possible to have a stick on pair,don't laugh the look good see the photo.and for everyone interested in the others please make sure you check the switch assembly on your steering looks like the one in the photoIMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg
regards GordonIMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

this may sound crazy but if anyone out there has a set of E55 button shifters up for grabs please shout me

this may sound crazy but if anyone out there has a set of E55 button shifters up for grabs please shout me

Is it just the original silver button itself you want? not the whole switch assembly?
As that is all I have left when I retro fitted OEM paddles to my CLS (believe these are the same as the E55 and SL 230).
If I can find them you are welcome to them, let me know.

Paddles

Hi Andy
the photo shows an E55 switch holder and it is the silver buttons i am after
gordon

Attachments

• IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 33
OK I will have a look round for them tomorrow and post back on here.

As soon as you get E55 compatible ones done then I am first in line Gordon

guys I have to say that I am a member on a few MERCEDES BENZ clubs and I can tell you all that MB Club UK and SLK World are the best two clubs without doubt,thank you guys.
kindest regards Gordon

^ Well I'd say no as they specify a W211 facelift from 2006 onward.
Get in touch with Alps, he has done the paddleshift conversion on his E55. Got a feeling he used an E63 wheel and had the shifters coded in but I could be wrong.

Hi,
To establish if you need a convertor module you will need to remove the airbag and trace the wiring from the gear shift buttons, if each one has a separate plug as opposed to the wiring from the buttons splicing into each other then you wont need a converter.
If you need a convertor module I have one, bought in error and never used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom