E55 Progress Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yikes....lateral and radial play......just as well you spotted that it it could have all gone very pear shaped if it had properly let go. How did it damage the other pipes?.....it does not look to be moving that far???
Shards of metal from the pulley - eek!

Got the car back and running fautlessly. Interesting what a big difference the reduction in boost from the bigger pulley makes to the driving experience. Its definitely smoother so probably better for the annual family roadtrip - lakes, wales, devon, dorset, london, Scotland. Just so pleased to have caught the pulley issue before it ate the engine! Was shown shards of metail recovered from various places as they worked on the car.

Should be set for another 50k miles now anyway!

Had the BC forged alloys refinished in my favorite graphite color and some new sportmaxx all round with more sidewall.

20220701-172546.jpg

20220701-172531.jpg

20220701-172518.jpg

20220701-172811.jpg

20220701-172535.jpg

Annual service, just through 120,000 miles

New wing mirror housings required as both motors failed
New Airmatic control unit installed
New front tyres (Dunlop Sport Maxx)
New wipers
Filters changed

Off we go again for more adventures :)

Meant to add a couple of photos from road trip with a couple of pals in May. Had just torn quad tendon so couldn't take my 911. Glad to say was able to keep up in my 20 year old estate car..

New front shocks installed just in time..

The drivers side one exploded during removal!

Do you know a big / small difference in how the car drives?

Had the dreaded suspension sinking when the ignition off but it was driving normally as the compressor managing to keep air in the system.

I think i got to them in the nick of time based on what happened at removal

I wish I could turn the clock back ten years and pick these up again for the same money they are today but half the age and mileage! :D

Loved my E55K estates, had two of them over the years including a silver ‘04 plate very similar to yours Nick :thumb:

I wish I could turn the clock back ten years and pick these up again for the same money they are today but half the age and mileage! :D

Loved my E55K estates, had two of them over the years including a silver ‘04 plate very similar to yours Nick :thumb:

Had mine 8 years and 65,000 miles now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom