E55 Radiator choice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benji1987

Car
W211 E55 AMG
hello all
Whilst replacing my crank pulley I found out I have the dreaded valeo radiator!
Given that Mercedes want a fortune for a replacement unit I was wandering if there was any other choices
I know the guy in a local radiator shop and he said valeo and Behr are crap and can sort me one out....but
Aftermarket?
Or am I best to stick with genuine?
What would you guys recommend?
Thanks

Nissen are well regarded radiators Benji.
I don't know what brand they stock, but this company were recommended to me if I ever needed to change my radiator
Fast Rads - Part Finder

Personally I'd get a price for OEM (not Valeo lol) from MB Newcastle or MB Grangemouth.

Several points.

Firstly, if it hasn't gone pop since 2004, I suggest it's not likely to do so.

Secondly, MB introduced an updated/improved rad - also made by Valeo and Behr as OE suppliers- once the problem became apparent. The local radiator supplier probably doesn't stock Valeo or Behr, so of course he will say they are rubbish.

Thirdly, if you buy an OE one from MB, you might well end up with a Valeo or Behr...

Fourthly, the car may already have the later version, which has been fitted by a previous owner. Can you see a part number?

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want peace of mind, Nissens do indeed have a good reputation.

I fitted a Nissens unit to my e55k, All radiator's give up the ghost with age, id also inspect the condition of the adjacent pipework.

Ok so today I found the part number on my current valeo radiator which is
A2115003202
Spoke to MB and he said there isn’t a previous super session and not does it supersead to any other number....they also said that MB Milton Keynes have sold 16 of these and keep 2 in stock so my question is....does anyone know if this is the later ‘non affected’ radiator?

Behr rads can't be that bad can they?
Behr must be better a lot than Vahleo rads.

w202, w208 and w210 had Behr original fitted from factory, for the newer w203 and the other series MB had decided to go with Vahleo crap fitted

Does anyone know what the revised part number is for the updated valeo radiator?
I have A2115003202 fitted?

Ideal so it’s already been done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom