E55 Renewal time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Just getting a few quotes for my E55 insurance which runs out early July.

I have two quotes that interest me, SwiftCover £253:17pa and Axa £256 35pa.

Both identical comprehensive cover with voluntary excess of £250 and compulsory excess of £300. Windscreen cover, courtesy car, protected NCB.

Anyone have experience of either company?
I'm leaning toward Axa at the moment purely on the company name;)

I will of course be getting more quotes before deciding, but I'm pleased to see both companies will insure the car for £130+ less than last year from a company I have no interest in dealing with again.:wallbash:

Mine is £380 with Admiral and all my mods.

I'm 38 but I don't live in London.

Had a few issues with AXA with my BMW...... had it serviced etc etc by main dealer, when I had an accident I went through the usual 3 quotes scenario all from BMW....

AXA then said they wouldn't pay the main dealer labour rate, I emphasised all the receipts and work I had paid for were all from the main dealer and I wanted to maintain that record...... still wouldn't play unless I went to their "preferred" repairer....

Left shortly afterward and shopped around.....

According to "Which" the NFU are quite good might give them a try next!

Insurance

Hi, Try Hastings Direct, I have a CLK 320 and mine cost £185.00 fully comp and £250 excess.

I hit 50 this year as well!! :) But as they say it's not the years its the mileage!!!

When I looked at SAGA they weren't all that competitive.... Having said that several people I know swear by them for quality of service....

Had a few issues with AXA with my BMW...... had it serviced etc etc by main dealer, when I had an accident I went through the usual 3 quotes scenario all from BMW....

AXA then said they wouldn't pay the main dealer labour rate, I emphasised all the receipts and work I had paid for were all from the main dealer and I wanted to maintain that record...... still wouldn't play unless I went to their "preferred" repairer....

I have been looking around recently and looked at a multi-car with Aviva. I then noticed on some reviews reference to their stance on "preferred repairers", checked the details on their web site and decided against using them, though their service feedback was generally good. Didn't fancy having to pay a £200 premium to get the car repaired properly rather than having it shipped goodness knows where.
Devil's always in the detail.

I may try NFU as we already have home cover with them. thanks for the tip!

As I hit the big 50 this year I was going to look at SAGA!

Aren't they supposed to be for us "old folks"?

I hit 50 this year as well!! :) But as they say it's not the years its the mileage!!!

When I looked at SAGA they weren't all that competitive.... Having said that several people I know swear by them for quality of service....

Saga were OK for a first time insurance, but their renewal rate wasn't competitive at all.

That's interesting about only being able to use Axa's preferred repairer. That will most likely stop me using Axa.

I have been looking around recently and looked at a multi-car with Aviva. I then noticed on some reviews reference to their stance on "preferred repairers", checked the details on their web site and decided against using them, though their service feedback was generally good. Didn't fancy having to pay a £200 premium to get the car repaired properly rather than having it shipped goodness knows where.
Devil's always in the detail.

Good point about getting independent reviews of the company:doh:

I may try NFU as we already have home cover with them. thanks for the tip!

I had a non fault accident last year and the guy who hit me was insured with NFU. They took care of my repair, at the bodyshop of my choice, and impressed me a lot with the service they gave me.

Another company to put on my list to get a quote from.

Mine is £380 with Admiral and all my mods.

I'm 38 but I don't live in London.

That is what I paid last year with One Call. I won't be insuring with them again after reading reviews of them:doh:

I'll check Admiral too as I have my work car and my wife's A160 on a multicar policy.
I'd add the E55 to that, but Nov will see me selling the work car so I don't think its viable this time.

Hi, Try Hastings Direct, I have a CLK 320 and mine cost £185.00 fully comp and £250 excess.

I have insured my E280 at one time with them.
They are dearer than many other companies for my E55.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

I ditched swiftcover when I read through the policy document thoroughly, they state they use used spares to repair cars ...not what I wanted on a new car . I think you can download a copy online. They are often cheap for a reason. When I had my e55 I had to use a baroker as many wanted it garaged every night and I worked away a lot .
More than gave me some good quotes recently and the cover appeared to be good. I am now with LV highway on the new Audi via a broker who matched what I could get online. You need to be careful of the only using recommended repairers clause...sometimes they levy higher excesses and it can be a major downfall if they aren't using mercedes approved, or in my case someone who can repair an aluminium Audi!
Check the policy wording carefully
Cheers Glyn

Have you tried confused.com, gocompare.com & comparethemarket.com?

I check them all for the best insurance deals before I insure, they are all usually within a few pounds of each other.

Using all 3 apparently gets to about 90% of all online insurers.

I got mine this year with More Than through Go Compare for my C63 (standard) for £186 with £350 excess, 44 year old with 6 points for speeding, living in North East Scotland

^ Not yet Paul. I'm working my way through all the comparison websites.
For a break I tried LV, Rias, and Aviva. All considerably more expensive (£500+)
NFU don't do online quotes:wallbash:

You got a great deal on your C63 insurance. Are there any other cars on the road in NE Scotland?:D

Are there any other cars on the road in NE Scotland?:D

Just one or two now, we've just recently moved on from good old horse and carts, mainly to Range Rover Sports & Evoques, Jaguars, Audis, BMWs & Mercs - probably due to the high proportion of offshore workers in the area.

Including mine, there's 5 C63s that I've seen in the fairly small town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom