E55 - Resonator delete - Y/N

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billywhiz

Car
E55
hmmmmm

I'm trying my absolute hardest to keep my 55 in factory state - well at least for any external, internal mods.

At the moment she's fully decatted but still sounds like a kitten, is it worth going for a resonator box delete with either X or straight pipes to take up the slack ?

Not really concered about loss of mpg as by christ it's a 5.5 engine :crazy: - but just want it to sound like it has the real V8 rumble.

Anyone else done this ?

The resonator delete will give it that addictive V8 burble that you crave. You know it makes sense and has to be done. Resistance is futile in this instance, Get down the exhaust shop now. Smile on your way home knowing that you have woken furry animals from hibernation and made children hide behind the sofa as you blasted past.

It is not offensively loud or boomy (honest you can trust me here)

Thank you.

I've found this vid on utube and it seems all he has done is take the resonator out - If it sounds like this I'll be happy :)

( clamped pipes so of course I can return it back if I need too )

[YOUTUBE]TMTNj6LfgOA[/YOUTUBE]

If you don't do it, you will always be left wanting.

Yes, I think that's what the devil on my right shoulder keeps telling me :)

hmmmmm

I'm trying my absolute hardest to keep my 55 in factory state - well at least for any external, internal mods.

At the moment she's fully decatted but still sounds like a kitten, is it worth going for a resonator box delete with either X or straight pipes to take up the slack ?

Not really concered about loss of mpg as by christ it's a 5.5 engine :crazy: - but just want it to sound like it has the real V8 rumble.

Anyone else done this ?
Did it on mine - its cool, sounds great and is cheap to do.
No idea on diff on MPG or anthing like that, don't bother to look.

I have removed the middle box on my w203 v6 and gained better mpg and now has a very nice note under load.

The guys at EMP had my car running without any boxes just 3 inch pipes to see what it was like, it was offensively loud but it sounded fantastic! The problem was it was useless for road use and very few tracks would allow it so it would be limited to the drag strip. So we put the rears back on :(

+1 for EMP.

They did a stonking job on my wife's C240. Full stainless quad rear end (cat back). For a V6 it sounds lovely. Not too loud and not Boomy.

I love that pipe bender of theirs.

Yes delete the res box you know it makes sense, got rid of mine months ago and sounds like a 63 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom