E55 S211 cleaning behind front wheelarches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Hi all :)

Still thoroughly enjoying Simon's old car and thought I'd post a few updates since purchase.

Whilst cleaning under the auxilliary battery tray, I accidentally pulled out the windscreen reservoir lower rubber hose :oops: I found it's possible to remove the front wheel arch liners without taking the wheels off (raise suspension, remove fastenings and carefully wriggle out) then began some serious cleaning. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any before pics (not that it was that dirty).

Also added a zip-tie to that pesky hose..

Front arches & n/s engine bay

Now thats some extremely clean area! Goes to show how much of a well looked example it was. Look out @merc85, looks like you have some OCD competition on perfecting the wagon! 😂

Good on you @benlucas for finalising touched to an already pristine machine. Oh and congrats on its ownership, didn't realise you were the new custodian of Simons wagon (or maybe I did and just forgot 😂)

Keep it up!

Looks Great Ben, Alas mine is still sitting outside fingers crossed i get her back up and running soon.

Thanks Abb - yes Simon really has looked after it. What I've done/had done since purchase wasn't strictly necessary but finishes it off imho.

merc85 - is yours similar but with the double-spokes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom