E55 S211 front brakes & tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Hi all :)

Still thoroughly enjoying Simon's old car and thought I'd post a few updates I've had carried out since purchase.

Rear brakes were good (fairly new) although the fronts were coming to the end of their life. I opted for genuine MB discs/pads.

It came with (almost) new Continental winter tyres all round although as I won't drive it in the winter I decided to sell them and fit a set of Michelin PS4 tyres (FYI, the PS4s variant only come in 19" and above).

Old front brakes/tyres

New front brakes/tyres

Brilliant work Ben. Would you perhaps consider setting up one thread to document all the changes/progress, would just be easier to follow.

That was what I thought too.

Ben - glad my old bus is in good hands. Did you consider replacing the pads with Akebono ones that I had fitted? I found them to be really good and create far less dust. Well at least far less visible dust as the dust was light grey. More of an issue when I had the BBS LM's fitted as the original MB pads just create too much of the black stuff!

Thanks Simon - yes I did give it some thought as I know you mentioned it when I came to view but decided to go MB as a) I will only do ~2k/year and b) the original wheels are very easy to clean. Any progress on your Saab searching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom