E55 shorter belt part number?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JDMUK

Car
E55 AMG
Does anyone have a part number for the e55 kompressor belt the shorter one that people use when running a smaller pulley?

And that's the shorter version? Not the stock one?

And that's the shorter version? Not the stock one?

The one Roger has shown above is the shorter version for when running the smaller Eurocharged 83/84mm s/c pulley. Not sure what pulley you are running but would probably need to be shorter still if you have a 77mm one.

The one Roger has shown above is the shorter version for when running the smaller Eurocharged 83/84mm s/c pulley. Not sure what pulley you are running but would probably need to be shorter still if you have a 77mm one.

interesting.

Does anyone who which shorter belt is recommended for the 77mm pulley... I still have the stock belt running?

interesting.

Does anyone who which shorter belt is recommended for the 77mm pulley... I still have the stock belt running?

Give Acid (MSL) a ring and he can confirm which belt they are using on the 77mm pulley.

07765 444447

funny that acid and his team are the guys that completed this upgrade and mentioned nothing about it. Will drop him call soonish!

funny that acid and his team are the guys that completed this upgrade and mentioned nothing about it. Will drop him call soonish!

There may actually be no problem running a stock length belt with the 77mm pulley. I had no real issues running a stock belt with my 83mm EC pulley, but just changed it just in case I ended up getting belt slippage. Have a look at the underside of your engine cover and see how much rubber debris is being collected stuck on the underside as it will give you some indication. In my experience there is always some black crap stuck there but...... It will also depend on the general condition of the tensioner as obviously if the tensioner is a bit knackered it will not hold the belt so tight.

I would think even if you got the same belt I'm running, it would be better than the stock one, I'm not sure what the next size down in length is:dk:

I had issues with a standard belt - kept jumping Vs. Sometimes 3 or 4.

Definitely the shorter one is required but I've notice they start squeeking not long after new which is a bit annoying.

You really can't win sometimes it seems - or I have been unlucky with the two belts I've used.

I use a Gates 8PK1255 with my 77mm pulley.

Jules.

8PK1275 for the 83/84mm pulley, in the US quite a few ran an 8PK1260 belt but some of these started to shred.

Some run a standard belt with the 83/84mm pulley and report no problems, however for me if the pulley is smaller then the belt should be also.

Jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom