E55 Spark plug leads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
Thought this might come in handy for someone in the future, I was investigating a slight misfire on idle on the car which some people say is normal on the E55, the dealer has said they would start with changing out the leads, costs of genuine leads as follows ; -

112 150 02 18 x 4 £22.60 + VAT
112 150 03 18 x 2 £27.60 + VAT
112 150 01 18 x 9 £22.60 + VAT
112 150 04 18 x 1 £27.60 + VAT

total price inc VAT £451.92 :eek:

cheapest i could get was via BRABUSK8 with a 20% discount which came to £376.60.

A the leads were bosch, i contacted the local bosch suppliers and managed to get all 16 genuine bosch leads ordered in specially for £139!

Thats a saving of £312 from what the stealers would have charged for basically the same items.

Nice one Alps. Thats a huge saving! Is the car still under a MB warranty of any sort?

I only say as i would have thought they would get funny as you didnt use 'genuine' MB parts. But we all know they are the exact same item without the MB stamp.

Of course my thoughts only apply if you have taken out some sort of MB warranty.

yes the car is still under warranty, but i checked with the local service manager and he said it would not be an issue. He even said if i changed the plugs at the same time, make a note of it in the service book and they will use that as the guide for them changing them. Cant say fairer than that, it does differ from dealer to dealer tho by what i have seen on other threads.

FYI Bosch parts
0 356 912 950 x 4 £7.45 + VAT
0 356 912 952 x 2 £7.45 + VAT
0 356 912 948 x 9 £7.15 + VAT
0 356 912 954 x 1 £7.03 + VAT

...He even said if i changed the plugs at the same time...

I would imagine your car will have the factory-fitted MB-branded NGK plugs, is so then I would buy the original MB ones (I know it's not a must, and you can just buy NGK ones of a motor factor, but it nice touch having the star on the plug... even if no one can see it!) from BRABUSK8 for a very very reasonable price (I did).

yes the car is still under warranty, but i checked with the local service manager and he said it would not be an issue. He even said if i changed the plugs at the same time, make a note of it in the service book and they will use that as the guide for them changing them. Cant say fairer than that, it does differ from dealer to dealer tho by what i have seen on other threads.

FYI Bosch parts

Its good to know some dealers/service managers are decent about these things.

I would imagine your car will have the factory-fitted MB-branded NGK plugs, is so then I would buy the original MB ones (I know it's not a must, and you can just buy NGK ones of a motor factor, but it nice touch having the star on the plug... even if no one can see it!) from BRABUSK8 for a very very reasonable price (I did).

Parts guys gave me a very good discount on the plugs, i thought i should at least buy these from the dealership as they are allowing me to save money in other ways. Mind you with the discount they were very reasonable anyway.

FYI Bosch parts

Hi Alps,
Would these differ at all to the N/A 113 V8 engine, from what I remember of the supercharged engines I thought these might be the same.

Nice find Alps!

I got a set in the garage with 30k miles on them. I think MB told me to change them as they were 4 years old, can't remember now.

Finally found some time today, took my time, 4 hours later all 16 plugs changed and leads replaced. Fairly easy job, no real dramas either. time to enjoy whats left of the sun! ;)

btw original MB NGK plugs (Iridium) are cheapest from either BrabusK8 or your local dealer with a discount, do not buy the Ebay ones as they are more expensive .

Bumping a historic thread. What do most people go for nowadays, in terms of ignition leads? Bosch? Or a kit form GSF, ECP, etc. ?

Bought my NGK plugs from Opie Oils for £125 for the 16, if any interest

Bought my NGK plugs from Opie Oils for £125 for the 16, if any interest

Spark plugs or leads???

I got a set of plugs for <£100 using one of the recent eBay vouchers

Now looking to plan for replacing the leads in the future (where to buy them)

Thanks! How are those prospark leads? good quality? I just don't want to replace my old leads with some bad leads (if such a thing exists!)

Prospark work fine very steady tick over now, but to be fair not quite as good has genuine bosch leads! but loads cheaper, make sure that you get the best quality plugs! 3 or 4 alternatives and big difference in price Bosch, Denso, NGK, cheaper Bosch option too, i went for the NGK Iridium life expectancy about 60K miles,
cheers Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom