E55 Swap Shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicksterrx7

Car
E55
I feel a bit like Noel Edmonds, not because I'm an annoying, bearded baffoon with loads of money (skint (relatively), clean shaven and generally amenable), but because I want to swap something.

No it's not caplunk and I don't want a new action man, instead I'd like to swap the AMG III alloy wheels we have on our new E55.

The story goes like this, we purchased an E55 about 6 weeks ago which has a cracking set of 19 inch AMG III alloy wheels (not perfect, some marks and scuffs on a couple but generally pretty good). The car went in to the garage today to have the keyless entry on the drivers door sorted out. While there the wife saw an E55 with the standard 18 inch wheels which she loves and now wants! I wish she had told me this last week when I shelled out £500 for 2 new Pzero Rossos for the back wheels!!

As I don't fancy shelling out for a new set of wheels I'd like to see if anyone with a standard set of 18 inch AMG IV wheels wants to swap. As just stated it has 2 brand new tyres on the back and plenty of tread on the 2 fronts. Pzero Rosso all round.

Pictures attached - testing the water for interest. Any one interested. If anyone does have caplunk I'm interested in that as well.

Attachments

• Photo014 [1600x1200].jpg
    Photo014 [1600x1200].jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Photo011 [1600x1200].jpg
    Photo011 [1600x1200].jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 154
Sorry I have 19 on mine as well so I cant do the swap.
I think your car used to belong to another member on this forum

is this not Bishys old car?

Be interested to know anything about the car if it was Bishys - how long they had it and when they sold it etc.

Yes seen these pictures. The car has a boot lip spoiler and is badged. The one we have is de-badged and doesn't have a spoiler. Just checked the reg history (did an HPI check before purchase) and that number plate isn't on it.

Very similar but I think they are different cars.

If you decide to sell the 19s please let me know.

I have a set of AMG IV's but they are 17's and have minor blemish to one of them. 255-35-17 rears, 235-40-17 fronts, tyres not that sparkling though, but all legal :rolleyes:

img1545yn.jpg

Ive got a fully refurbished set, if you decide to change them. Your current wheels should fetch a fair sum on ebay.

I think I saw these aloys on ebay last week, am I right? Sadly the cost of these and a full set of new rubber is more than I'm looking to pay, given an outlay of £500 on new rears for the 19inch wheels I have. Let me know your best price. Cheers.

Do they have to be style IVs or would you consider other style of 18"s?

She who must be obeyed likes Style IVs. Have to say I like them but I like the AMG IIIs on it as well!

Just Style IVs thanks of the 18 inch variety.

fair enough, the ones on mine may be coming up for sale soon as I've a set of Style IIs arriving.

Or if you want to use your existing tyres, these are an option:
img11732e.jpg

Or in silver:
img1214aah.jpg

The single piece 18's are £800, the 2piece ones are £1800 (forum prices).

Last edited:
aka$h, you have some terrific wheels. As a new member I'm not sure I can contact you, do you have an email address I can mail you on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom