E55 W210 Series 1999 COMAND Troubles !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasohal

Car
S320 E500 E55
Hi,

I need some help with the COMAND system in my car !!!

Basically - the car is fitted with a comand unit and CD changer - problem was that someone has damaged the screen and its difficult to see what the screen says + the Navigation does not work.

I managed to source an identical looking unit from ebay and plugged it all in.

The sat nav now works ...excellent...but the unit does not pick the CD changer ? I can use the radio/tape/sat-nav but no cd.

The unit is APS BT2/Control Unit (original)
Bosch 7612001150

The unit is APS BT2/Control Unit with holder (new)
Bosch 7607005042
Please advise ...

do you have the mercedes part number of the unit you bought on ebay - should start A 210 *** ****

also, what is th epart number of the one you replaced?

comands my look the same but may not be the same internally .

sorry fo the delay in responding,

I have been on holiday for the past few weeks - on coming back I had the car booked in to the dealership.

They have told me that the replacement unit I sourced from ebay is actually a comand unit for a V-Class mercedes.

Although it picks the existing navigation unit in the back it does not pick up the cd changer. The reason they gave is that the wiring for a V-class Cd changer is different than an e-class changer ??

I still have some doubts about this though as they said they do not sell this type of cd player anymore ?

What is the navigation unit in the back you refer to. I have installed both in a 1998 W210. As for as I am aware the V class uses the same optical loom, I find it hard to believe that the V class comand uses different software to communicate with the CDC. Have you used the dianostics mode of comand to look at the fibre loop, this should tell you wether the comand sees the CDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom