E55 W211 Airmatic slightly lower on one corner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haaran

Car
Mercedes E55k
My E55 W211 sits a little lower on the passenger side rear corner. I've done a quick search and most of the posts deal with issues where the whole car/backend has dropped. My car raises and drops fine and I have no warnings apart from the occasional 'Visit Workshop' message on cold mornings which clears after 10 mins and appears to be quite common.

We do have many pot holes around here and the corner in question has been caught once or twice and looks like it may be stuck on the 'firm' setting.

Any ideas as to the cause and fix?

Thanks

Hi, my 04 E55 is sitting slightly low in the left rear. Just Curious if you've had any luck in the diagnosis? My corner also completely collapses while driving (only happened 3 times in last 4 months) but im ready to replace rear struts. Just wanted to make sure its not something simple before I spend the money :/

Cheers

My E55 W211 sits a little lower on the passenger side rear corner. I've done a quick search and most of the posts deal with issues where the whole car/backend has dropped. My car raises and drops fine and I have no warnings apart from the occasional 'Visit Workshop' message on cold mornings which clears after 10 mins and appears to be quite common.

We do have many pot holes around here and the corner in question has been caught once or twice and looks like it may be stuck on the 'firm' setting.

Any ideas as to the cause and fix?

Thanks

I had a similar instance as this a couple of years back,
en route to PCS, hit a hot pole a few miles out from arrival, and on exiting the car, the front passenger side had bottomed out. I stand to be corrected here, but sure Ollie put it on Star and recalibrated the airmatic, never had the same issure again, and I track and Vmax my car. This said your 'visit workshop' warnings, and the 10 minute thing, that would be of a little concern to me, my own car has never done this, and do not recall E55 guys discussing this as an issure, or excepting this as the norm, think you need to have someone give a once over to your car, just to be sure everything is OK , Best of luck with it, hope all is well:thumb:

My rear left is sitting lower as well, still haven't figured out the 'visit workshop' message I get all the time.

No leaks, need to visit PCS next year :D

i think they all sit a little lower on one side, mines the same.

could be corrsion of the alloy pipe which the rubber hose from the bellow to the alloy tank attaches to, it my have become pouris. As suggested maybe worth getting it checked out properly.

could be corrsion of the alloy pipe which the rubber hose from the bellow to the alloy tank attaches to, it my have become pouris. As suggested maybe worth getting it checked out properly.

if the message comes up then yes that's what it will be, but generally I have seen most E55`s a little lower on one side of the rear.

Air leak

if the message comes up then yes that's what it will be, but generally I have seen most E55`s a little lower on one side of the rear.

Air leak

I've also seen a few that sit lower one side. Incidentally my car has the rear arnott conversion and does not do this.

lol just read this... notice my rear n/s is sitting 15mm lower, haven't had a warning come up anywaydue too time of month cars not being used so hopefully can take it to Eurocharged after hols just for precautionary check. anyway all have a good xmas

nsr airmatic

my E55k has developed a lean to the nsr , when the car has been standing overnight , when the car is started it levels after a couple of minutes , and there are no warning lights on the dash , the car lowers/rises as normal and all 3 settings comfort/sport appear to work fine . Presume its the airmatic strut/bag or a pipe/tank leaking. Or could it just need a reset on the star diagnostics sytem ?

rear resevior like on the link above, get it checked before it gets worse or makes the pump fail

leak

had the E55k , on a 4 poster ramp today , to trace the leak on the nsr airmatic suspension , cleaned all the lines and sprayed gas leak detector onto the air connections and pipe work . With the car idling there was a very slight leak from the alloy accumulator tank connection , removed the pipe and there is corrosion/crack on the pipe connection area , i believe mercedes only sell this as a complete strut and accumulator. So its off to my local alloy welder / repairer , just glad its not an expensive strut or bag replacement. Quite surprised when the car was standing for 2 or 3 days that no malfunction messages appeared when starting the car , despite the strut dropping 20mm - 25mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom