E55 W211 AMG Cheap but 200k miles . Mental ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrpoults

Car
E55
Evening all .

I'm after some advice , I've been offered a w211 e55 AMG saloon for just £4000 from a mate. My old w210 AMG I got 4k for so it's cheap .

Car has just 2 owners FSH and not to bad in condition . Wheels need a refurb and some better tyres wouldn't go amiss . Brakes all are good and all electrics work.
Car drives without fault has a pretty new mot and still seems to pull very well with plenty off power .

The issue it's done 201k miles !

I'm after a big fast cruiser for weekends so it wouldn't be used daily .

Would the mileage in your eyes put you off even if it's nearly half the price off most cars for sale with way less miles .

Thanks

I'd chance it at that price. The suspension probably needs components replacing, but if its been serviced on schedule there is no reason why these engines cannot do well over 400k miles. Look on the US forums and there are plenty with 200k+ miles running perfectly.

If you trust your mate has looked after it, take it off him.
Its a great car.

At 4k doesnt matter, it would break for double that. Buy and enjoy but expect running costs of a AMG

Without coming a cross and a douche, If you’re not interested, I genuinely am at £4k. Please send me contact details!

:)

The issue it's done 201k miles !
Who cares :) that means it sat on a motorway

Mine just clicked round to 156k today :cool:

Replaced the spark plugs recently - all sixteen looked very healthy. Likewise changed the oil and filter a few days back, hasn’t needed any oil since it was serviced last by MB two years ago - and a good 7.5/8 litres drained out. The oil was very clean when drained but I guess running on LPG for the bulk of the last 40k or so helps there.

Hardly any of the issues or parts I’ve to replace over the last four years would be attributed to mileage. If anything it seems to get better with age and use, but that’s possibly just in my head! I can say that I owned a very decent 100k miler, same year and model and they both ran and drove pretty much the same :D

For £4K I would definitely give it a go. What’s not to like? If it turns out to be a lemon you’ll get your money back as a whole or for parts anyway - nothing to lose :)

It’s fair to say though that it depends on what you’re looking for in a car. In general a 200k miler will never have as crisp an interior or the bodywork of a 50k miler garage queen, but on the other hand the majority of the mechanical issues should have worked themselves out of the woodwork by now. Not sure there’s many 400hp+ cars for £4k that will go around the clock twice and keep going :)

Certainly not without big expenditure. That is the whole point of a big Mercedes-Benz. They are very hard to wear out.

I wish someone would offer me one for £4k!! I'd be driving it home before I could think anything else.

Along with the other respondees, I'd take a punt at that money! Genuinely interested if the OP isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom