E55 W211 front fog light bulb options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Hi all

Per the title, mine are looking a bit yellow and I was wondering what options I have to make them whiter (and match the xenons.) I have just replaced the sidelights with canbus leds which are now slightly brighter than the xenons, but close enough that I'm happy with them.

Been looking on the interweb and have found the following:

1.) these

2.) these

3.) these, or

4.) these

a search on this forum only brought up this thread.

Thanks in advance.

I would steer away from all of the above.

LED bulbs will give poor visibility and IMO will not last long. The other bulbs in your link will not be a xenon finish. Your best bet is to get OEM ballasts and bulbs/bulb holders that MB used in the W204s as DRLs that looked like fog lamps.

Decided to replace like for like (well GE for Bosch) as I understand that Halogens yellow/dim with age and I suspect the ones in the fogs are the originals, so 14 years old.

linky

Will see if they're any brighter..

I had the same issue on my cls55. Nice bright headlights but yellow sides and fogs. I tried leds but they would not work so replaced both with Halfords standard bulbs with a so called xennon look i.e. blue tinted to give a whiter light. both now pretty much match the xennon coulour.
Bitch to fit without a ramp . I got stuck half way and ended up getting MB to fit them. I thought they might say no but no problem at all.

Thanks for the info - that's odd yours being so difficult to fit; my E55 has a flap under each fog that drops down. Just had to put the suspension on its highest setting for best access (car lives on the road), open each flap then a quick twist and out comes the bulb.

Received the Bosch bulbs but they were no better than the GE ones i.e. still yellow.

As suggested above, I then decided to purchase a pair of xenon-filled blue-tinted halogens. Before/after here

£8 posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom