E55 W211 left hand number plate light not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jessiedog

Car
Mercedes E55
Hi There... I recently received the dreaded malfunction warning on my cluster informing me that my left hand read number plate light is not working.

I finally got around to checking it out, was hoping that it was just the bulb. Anyway I swapped the light and fitting over from right to left... But still left bulb out, so that discounts the bulb as it work in the other side fine.

The car is in really good condition, not really tampered with...I don't see any other issues, I've read some posts on here with similar issues, but I can never see a solution...can anyone help before I start making it worse :)

Thanks in advance

Could be a break in the wire running up the left hand boot arm a very common problem on W211. There are many posts on this it's usually a 15 min fix by removing the arm trim and tracing the wire. Made the repair several times myself!

break in the wire under the hinge cover

Will be going on a mission tomorrow to find these possible broken wires.

Guys I've found a grey/ black and red/green wire broken by the fuse box in the boot... Any idea where they plug to so that I can fix it ?

Success - thank you all so much was the wire as suggested under he hoot hinge, the silver lining is that there were two cables broken and one on its way out... I've now fixed the glove box light too that has never worked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom