E55 w211 squeaky noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
When I apply power from a slow rolling start or a standstill I hear a squeaky noise . Last just a second then goes . Could it be a broken mount or suspension component. Getting annoying now. Such a pleasure to drive apart from this new squeak noise. Any ideas on what it could be. Sounds like its from the rear but not 100% sure.
Thanks

Should add it's only noticeable when I apply hardish power . Not noticeable under easy take off.

Needs a visual.

Front ball joints squeak when they are knackered. Usually on turning or suspension movement.

If you are stopped and you turn the wheels or when you manually push down on the front wing, do you get the noise then?

I take it your not talking about the SC engage chirp squeak??? seeing as its something you have not heard before.

My charger chirped for a while and then it went.

I've no idea why it stopped but I quite liked it when it was around.

Mine went after I fitted belt wrap kit

If it is as you say the SC chirp is it a failure tel tale sign. Also what rpm does the SC kick in its around 1,200 isn't it.
I have a warranty in place I would hope the SC is coverd .

I understand MB called the 'chirp / squeak' an engine 'characteristic'...it has no detrimental affect on s/charger reliability or performance, however if you find it annoying you can remove said 'chirp' with this spray, I applied successfully on my old E55k, it should last around 5k:thumb:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kontakt-c...317237?hash=item58beafd835:g:SIgAAOSw~OdVWZTW

For more topic info and application...

Squeek! - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

If it is as you say the SC chirp is it a failure tel tale sign. Also what rpm does the SC kick in its around 1,200 isn't it.

Last edited:
If it is as you say the SC chirp is it a failure tel tale sign.

Not quite sure how you got to that but my chirp occurred not long after I got it or was possibly already doing it back in 2011 - it went after a year or so I think.

I've had no supercharger issues.

supercharger chirp is normal, nothing wrong there, I actually missed the chirp when it went away.

Not a sign of failure so breathe easily. Its normal and occurs when the s/c clutch engages at around 1850rpm. Just enjoy the car.

Thanks chaps much appreciate the info. On a worst note my Ford transit van crew cab was stolen early hours this morning. Sick as a pig to say the least . Tools the lot gone.

Last edited:
Thanks chaps appreciate the info. On a sad note my Ford transit van was stolen early hours this morning . Sick as a pig.

Sorry to hear about your van and tools.

You might need to improve your security as they will know you will be replacing them...

Have you got a garage or lock up?

There is a fix for supercharger squeak, mine was fixed under warranty at Merc Brighton. They mentioned some type of powder being put into the clutch are. :dk:

There is a fix for supercharger squeak, mine was fixed under warranty at Merc Brighton. They mentioned some type of powder being put into the clutch are. :dk:

Talc probably. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom