E55 w211. Suspension arms bush replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E55
Hello all. I have recently had both rear lower arms changed mb parts at a cost of 450 for the arms. Had two front arms done a few weeks later parts by lemforder that were almost half price. Couldn't tell the difference as the garage ordered mb parts also. I gave lemforder a whirl??????? as i figured it's worth a go??? But I wasn't happy throwing the original arms away. So my question is can I buy better bushes than mb bushes have them fitted in all the arms over the year and have a better ride without buying about 24 arms

I was thinking of Powerflex Bushes, But there is no listing for Mercedes models other than sprinter's.

Id keep with the Oe ones tbh.

Yea I have looked at power flex myself. I prob won't use any other aftermarket arms because of risk as their is to many. That's why I want to change bushes. Merc want you to throw that old arm away that's perfectly fine and buy new one but going off basic Calcs it would cost 1k a corner to replace all them arms???

Febi Bilstein do complete front and Rear kits

I was looking at just replacing the bushes in the original arms in possible. Are blitz parts as good as merc when it comes to arms and bushes. Are lemforder good?? I think their German. For most parts I wouldn't dream of changing from merc but somebody must manufacture good arms as they are basic engineering.

Seriously Febi 100% spot on. Yes Lemforder are fine. Id changed the all of the front suspension on my e55k.

You changed the whole front set up shocks arms the lot? What did you run with? Where abouts are you? It would be great to see another 55 you don't really no what you got when you buy an old car because you have no idea what it was like. Engine noises and so on. Mine has a kind of squeek when I put my foot down

Great determination and great work along with a stunning car. You would prob be the man to find the lower axial bush for the rear airmatic that fits on the lower arm centrally?? Merc refurb the airmatic units and I wouldn't be surprised if they only change the bushes

You have to change the whole spring control arm on the airmatic rear when the bush wears.
MB do not supply the bush and WIS specifically says do not attempt it.
Arms are £242 each from MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom