E55 Weistec with Eurocharged map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keep us posted!

Well the initial route is

Killer Chiller - Pump - Supercharger - Heat Exchanger - Tank

Results so far tick over stationary 10C drop in IAT

Driving at 30 mph 14C drop

A couple of very light pulls recovery is almost instant which is a big improvement as previously took more than a minute.

So far happy will see what difference taking the heat exchanger out of the equation does and get it on the dyno for a full pull.

Then it's on to the intake.

Wow!!! Paul/Andy are you going to trial any other method of fitting the KC, to see how it performs pro rata whilst this car is in pieces? your initial install as you are posting up, is not that different from what I was thinking for my own car, but I was mortified to see removal of bumpers and headlamps, surely there much be a better place to fit this unit without dismantling the car, its totally not what I was anticipating having viewed a US forum fitment, brought the kit, and 'had' thought of fitting it myself, with a lttle AC help from local MB, but seems not from what you have just posted up!:mad:,

Wow!!! Paul/Andy are you going to trial any other method of fitting the KC, to see how it performs pro rata whilst this car is in pieces? your initial install as you are posting up, is not that different from what I was thinking for my own car, but I was mortified to see removal of bumpers and headlamps, surely there much be a better place to fit this unit without dismantling the car, its totally not what I was anticipating having viewed a US forum fitment, brought the kit, and 'had' thought of fitting it myself, with a lttle AC help from local MB, but seems not from what you have just posted up!:mad:,

We just like taking things apart :D

We faced a challenge in that the KC unit would not sit in behind the grill which was the initial thought. Then it was going to be installed by the cabin filter but again no go as this car has its tank there.
Plumbing in and out of the intercooler circuit and routing 28mm pipework is a lot easier with the bumper and lights off to get access, the extra long pipes are there so we can test different paths while the car is still strapped on the dyno. Once we get the flow sorted then we will cut the pipes to length and tidy everything up.

Next we plan to move the engine coolant reservoir as we have plans for that space then whip off the heads and cams and while those are being worked on plan on where to put a large blue bottle :crazy:

We just like taking things apart
biggrin.gif

You Boys!!!!:bannana: the thought of my own car getting the treatment mortifies me!

On a further note given what you are currently up to with this KC, 'if' this car had a rear ice tank, do you think, (at this stage where your at), you would plumb the unit any differently, a conversation you and I had a couple of times before Paul, what's your thoughts?? interested on your view of this ;)
If someone could please also educate me to this 'large blue bottle' thing, I'd appreciate it, just hazarding a guess to it being another performance chemical being poured in! LOL This modding world, does it ever stop!

Last edited:
We just like taking things apart

You Boys!!!!:bannana: the thought of my own car getting the treatment mortifies me!

On a further note given what you are currently up to with this KC, 'if' this car had a rear ice tank, do you think, (at this stage where your at), you would plumb the unit any differently, a conversation you and I had a couple of times before Paul, what's your thoughts?? interested on your view of this ;)
If someone could please also educate me to this 'large blue bottle' thing, I'd appreciate it, just hazarding a guess to it being another performance chemical being poured in! LOL This modding world, does it ever stop!
It's a difficult one to answer as part of the challenge on fitting is working out what modifications have been made to the car already, where the current pipework is situated and the existing flow.

Moving the OEM pump location is one as it would free up the drivers side but then it would depend on the heat exchanger feeds, we found it difficult to manipulate with the KC being so close without the pipes kinking.

I'd still say take the bumper off it only takes a few minutes.

Car was on the dyno to test Killer Chiller net result is as follows

Peak Temps were pretty much the same as the best runs without Killer Chiller
Recovery was within a few seconds, typcially 2-4 seconds
We achieved 3 successive pulls within 6 mins with very little power loss
AFR's stayed consistent through each run

All in all it was very impressive

Next we fitted the following see if you can spot the difference's

Before

DSC02135_zpsffe43d85.jpg

After

20140417_183659_zps2d426c85.jpg

IAT's would start at circa 34C at beginning of run and finish circa 51-54C

SavMan@EC said:
Yes the tank is working really well with KC. We removed the engine coolant expansion tank and fitted a smaller expansion tank just above the alternator.

Fantastic!

And the other mod extending the air inlet to outside engine bay area, :thumb: every degree lower counts.

Did you remove a breather too?

Very nice and interesting Paul - looking forward to seeing this myself next week.

Well done EC, not seen that set up before, looks a great job there. I need to see that all in the flesh!:thumb:

This is one we would live to finish before this weekend but its touch and go. Cylinder heads are finished and with Jerry arriving first thing tomorrow if we can get some small bits (OK its still quite a lot) then will try to get a base map done before the weekends events.

1511682_1450533675190890_2591273377951668557_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd....82_1450533675190890_2591273377951668557_o.jpg

10353521_1450533708524220_2802174739328562372_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...21_1450533708524220_2802174739328562372_o.jpg

10257394_1450533721857552_5113307205683727871_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...94_1450533721857552_5113307205683727871_o.jpg

Looks Great!

We have two sets of heads one were CNC the other set by hand would really like the time to test them both to see which set perform the best but as I am sure you know better than anyone time is always against you and at some point the customer wants the car back :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom